Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue/Violet laser things.

k thnx for the info..

i still need to read alot.
i still dont know what the current is.
like jayrob on the hot option says: i can set the desired current for you and stuff.

increased current increases the output of the diode, but too much and the diode is likely to overheat and/or break, so its best to look up recommended currents for your diode. for example, with the new 445nm diodes, its probably best to stick at ~700mA or less, although I dont think anyone knows for sure exactly what is safe. for lower powered violet diodes, i think its usually ~200mA

increased current increases the output of the diode, but too much and the diode is likely to overheat and/or break, so its best to look up recommended currents for your diode. for example, with the new 445nm diodes, its probably best to stick at ~700mA or less, although I dont think anyone knows for sure exactly what is safe. for lower powered violet diodes, i think its usually ~200mA

Those 445nm diodes are beast, I have one at 1.3A and so do some others, one guy took it to 2.6A before it was damaged:eg:

If you want to use a SF-AW210 a safe current is around 160mA, I have one at 177mA with a 233mW output with jayrob G1 lens.