Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue ray lights up eyeball

diachi

So pretty :) and i love the housing, was it ripped from another laser ( or something like a torch ) or did you make it ?

I found the piece of stainless tube in a pump I was stripping for parts, as a CR123 slid straight in it was an obvious starting point. All the end caps are press fitted.
The module I made up as I went along, I still think it is my best laser build to date.

Regards rog8811

What's up with that funny accent?
;DI thought everyone talked like that.......Queens English...that's "the queen" not "a queen".....

Regards rog8811

diachi

You should make some more and sell them, they would go down a treat, especially with that twisty cap thing so it can be momentary or clicky, thats a really nice touch .

And once again, great laser !

Diachi

Wow I just saw the video and the laser is really cool .
Thankyou kind sir.....
I wish I could make more of this style but like thejunkmonger I have mainly built from what is lying around the workshop, in this case:-
stainless steel tube pump ram for the barrel
A stainless steel cap from a pressure cell (much modified)
and the bit that I like best the thread that holds it together is a double helix thread from the lens of a camera I scrapped to get the dichro from the rangefinder.

Regards rog8811

Zom-B

a_pyro_is said:
Very nice Rog, but the question remains......Will a human eyeball fluoresce?
YES

No, I didn't try it with a laser.

I have ultra-violet LED's, and when pointing them at my eye, even from a steep angle, either the Cornea, Aqueous Humor or the lens fluoresces gray-whitish. (for terminology, see here)