Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue or green laser?

Hey there! I have saved up about 300$ to buy myself a new laser. The thing is, should I buy a blue or green laser? I already own a 100mw green laser but it doesnt seem like its anything near 100mw, it doesn't burn anything, not even melt. I am going to buy it from a good laser company like dragonlasers for sure.

I've am thinking about getting the 150mw HULK laser or the 1W Spartan laser.
Which of these two would be brighter? I don't really care about burning capabilities although it would be fun to melt some plastics or light a match.
I'd really like it to have a really bright beam, also visible in daylight.

What I'm also wondering is, a Spartan laser has a rectangle beam, is this uglier than a circular beem or won't I even notice it?

Thanks, Niels.

A true 150mW green laser will be brighter than a 1W blue laser I'm pretty sure.

However, the 1W would obviously have better burning capability, but you don't really mind about that. They both would have a visible beam in daylight and an extremely visible beam at night.

I like circular beams better than rectangles, it's just a preference, you decide which one you would like.

Hope I helped you.

Last edited:
Are there any high quality 200mw+ lasers withing the budget of 300$? And does this 150mw laser also light matches?

Are there any high quality 200mw+ lasers withing the budget of 300$? And does this 150mw laser also light matches?

Yes, 150mW would light matches.

Take a look at this laser, and the other ones Lazerer has to offer.

Lazerer is a good company with excellent customer service. In fact, the owner, Max, has an account here and is on often. Your guaranteed to get the output or very close to it and they can LPM it for an extra $5 before you buy!

I've read some good and some bad posts about lazerer, I prefer a company that has CNI lasers. Like Dragonlasers.

I've read some good and some bad posts about lazerer, I prefer a company that has CNI lasers. Like Dragonlasers.

Yes, there has been a few posts about Lazerer being bad, but I can assure you they are not. I haven't dealt with them, but I've read a lot and have noticed that when you do get a faulty product, Max will fix it.

CNI lasers are very good quality lasers, but they do come with a price tag to match. If you wouldn't mind not getting a CNI laser, take a look at O-like.com, they have some good lasers.

There's something magical about a super-bright blazing green beam! I built my first laser 35 years ago, and in spite of all of the different beam colors that I see, 532nm green has always been my favorite. It's just incredibly impressive in high powers!

my 150mW TINY pen laser from Lazerer was rated 143mW but I measured 133mW max with my laserbee the first time and only been hitting 126mW max after a full charge lately. Still it can burn through black styrofoam:
1fvl83.jpg

33z30oz.jpg

et659x.jpg

9a0qqx.jpg

21ynmo.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with it. $60 for a 126mW green, smaller than pen host, is pretty nice.

Last edited:
like daylight full sun 1200 noon in TX you would need like almost an 600$ dpss to see the beam, now in the shade or inside the beam of a true 200mw dpss is impressive, one thing to say though, fragile, do not disassemble the thing, don't let it over heat, don't drop, or sneeze on it cause if you do, you laser will not work and more than likely you have to send it to someone to fix. I would watch the buy sell trade HERE. Some badarse deals go down with one of a kind hosts made from some of the best handheld laser folks in the world. Right about your price range. take your time and don't rush the purchase of a nice laser. If its got to be green, O like and lazerer can get a bit over 250wm for that price, I think. look around for a few days though. and the 445nm beam is not that ugly you wont notice it when focuased and outside during the day you can see it too, just not bright, the dot however would be hard not to notice. To me they are about the same brightness say 150mw green 1w blue but blue burn better and are more rare than green, I don't think anyone in my town has one unless they got it from me.