Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue laser weapon sight? (noob questions)

Wow, that site really overcharges for those Trijicon sights.

Actually, terminology may have changed a little over the years; the one I had mounted on my pistol was more like this, and the website is simply calling it a "nightsight":

Trijicon Night Sights

... but I just had one little cylinder on a much smaller mount.

The reason for the lens (in case it wasn't all that clear) is so that you can ONLY see the dot WHEN your eye is in the proper position.

norbyx

I have been working on a blue sight ;)

IMG_0222_zpsfe075060.jpg

IMG_20130423_211554_zps49c65134.jpg

IMG_20130423_211606_zps75d08ec9.jpg

Nice but how would you adjust it to the impact point?

@norb

I live in MD and I have been waiting 8 weeks for my background check some people have waited 80 days because omalley and his gun bill are pieces of sh.. When I can finally take my ar home I need to test ether or not the diode can handle the force of repeated gunshot. Then I week work on aiming it... I wmost likely use 4 set screw's to adjust it up down left right first.

@soul 100% right but I have an abundance of m140s right now since I recently harvested a projector. The higher power osram 450 that isn't single mode right?

@norb

I live in MD and I have been waiting 8 weeks for my background check some people have waited 80 days because omalley and his gun bill are pieces of sh.. When I can finally take my ar home I need to test ether or not the diode can handle the force of repeated gunshot. Then I week work on aiming it... I wmost likely use 4 set screw's to adjust it up down left right first.

@soul 100% right but I have an abundance of m140s right now since I recently harvested a projector. The higher power osram 450 that isn't single mode right?

Pretty sure they're multimode, but I think they have better divergence than the M140's, so if you need a really bright beam those would probably be the way to go. M140's suck for long range anything :whistle:

All aspects of the firearms industry are either heavily regulated by state and federal laws, or dependant on state and federal sales. Gun accessory manufacturers (scopes, lights, lasers ect) are subject to itar regulations fron the department of state. Running afoul of FDA regulations with regards to mass produced retail lasers is a surefire way to get in a lot of trouble.

Sub 5mw green is considered "eye safe" and daylight visable, and can be manufactured in a compact, lightweight, energy efficient, and durable housing that will withstand recoil. when gun mounted lights and lasers get too large, their weight can unbalance a firearm that relies on recoil to properly operate. A common example are short stroking problems asociated with glock 22s using lights.

How much power does a blue laser require to be visable in full sunlight at 100 yards?

Giannis_TDM

Guys..... have you noticed that this thread is from 2013 and you aren't contributing any useful info to it? Please next time watch the date.