Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray with TTL?

Things

1 post is enough...

This stuff is crucial if you want to get into any kind of laser shows using galvo's or steppers. Without blanking (You can just think of TTL as blanking) stuff looks like crap.

Thanks for the link fokop, no wonder I couldn't find it, I assumed it was on this forum ::)
Just a thought on relays, mechanical ones would have no chance but there are 2 other possibilities that come to mind....
In the past (10 years ago) I used solid state relays that did fast switching, I am not sure what is available these days but it may be worth investigating.... the other one I have seen used for blanking is beam blocking vanes on actuators. I have never looked into how effective of how much they are.

Regards rog8811

Things

Was having a talk to Spec ( Photonlexicon Admin ) on laserchat today. I mentioned solid state relays, but he mentioned that the contacts cause interference in the TTL. Relays just werent made to be quiet and fast....