Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray 16X 504mW-TR803 host- Flaminpyro

Pman

When I clicked on the links and then clicked to play they downloaded instead of just playing:(
I will mention that match tip color makes all the difference for lighting. Doesn't take hardly any power to light a black match tip regardless of laser wavelength. A comparison wouldn't be fair without the matches being exactly the same and is the laser really infinity focussed.

murrat

Just to see, I took my 405nm laser out and at 4' I tried to light a white tipped match. It lit instantly as soon as the beam hit the match tip. All the 405nm laser diodes are tight single mode diodes. What more do you get out of using a compound lens? Maybe a little better divergence at a farther distance, but it still needs to be focused.

Does your laser focused when you light the white tipped match?
I agree about you need to focus but isn't it disgusting to adjust the focus all the time ? Maybe we need autofocus burners in the future ;)

murrat

I will mention that match tip color makes all the difference for lighting. Doesn't take hardly any power to light a black match tip regardless of laser wavelength. A comparison wouldn't be fair without the matches being exactly the same and is the laser really infinity focussed.

It is the opposite. Darker the color easier to light it. I mean if it is black it reflects no colors so gets more energy. For example if you use a green laser to light a green tipped match it will be most difficult one :D

About bluray I have experienced it has better capability on colors then other color lasers as there is not so much purple tipped matches :san:

murrat

It's a little beauty. Small size, good power. Perfect pocket pal.

Except the focusing ring. It always turns in your pocket so you have to adjust everytime you take it off your pocket :tired:

Really all you need to do is focus to infinity and then fix it there with maybe a piece of black tape or something. I focused my 405nm at 20' for the smallest beam diameter. I don't carry mine around in my pocket, but if I did, I could hold it there with a small piece of electrician's tape.

Reactions: GSS