Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bitter sweet sale :'] Sanwu/Dragon lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like an old retail scheme where you show the merchandise, but for prices, you'll need to talk to a salesman. I never fall for this, and you can spin it as not wanting to offend anyone with posted prices, but it's just salesmanship, pure and simple.

So sad. You responded to everybody but me? I'll double my offer?

I know, not only am I grounded, now I have to stay in my room. :tinfoil:

Sorry couldn't help myself again. :eek:

Am I allowed to play the " old age card" here? :D

BobMc! Im sorry I though I included you in that multi-quote then I got some more PM. You're the first person to introduce me to the forums how could I forget :worthy:

Lol I wish things without prices were free! :crackup: Then maybe I wouldn't be hemorrhaging 8K every 10 week for my degree :banghead:

Surely it'd be less stressful just to post the prices here, in one place, where every one can see them? Instead of replying to lots of people in PM. A bunch of people are going to PM you simply because they're curious about the price, they might decide after seeing the price that they're not at all interested.

If you post the prices in the thread then you'll only get people that are interested at that price point contacting you, meaning less work to sort out a sale...

If you know your asking price, why not just post it here for all to see? :confused: :confused:

I'm not interested in chasing someone up to find out the prices for their products... Which could even vary person to person, seeing as it'd all be in private. Good luck anyway! :)

This is not the way used lasers are usually sold here. It sounds like you want to haggle over prices with anyone interested. Good luck. I'll pass.

This sounds like an old retail scheme where you show the merchandise, but for prices, you'll need to talk to a salesman. I never fall for this, and you can spin it as not wanting to offend anyone with posted prices, but it's just salesmanship, pure and simple.

Is posting a sale without prices even allowed?

I'm really disappointed you guys feel this way. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid :cryyy:
Just because I wanted to do something differently than you would like. I'm not happy I'm selling these lasers but my education come first and if that means these will have to wait than that's the way its going to have to go for me. You're already in front of a computer I don't see why a couple clicks to send someone a PM is that problematic. My apologies, this was never my intention.

Another update:
1W 638nm LightSaber Spiker -SOLD
1W 520nm Spiker -SOLD
4W 465nm Spiker -SOLD
Thank you very much @bugsysiegals! I promise you will not be disappointed :]

Still available:
1W 405nm LightSaber Spiker by Sanwu Lasers
50nW 589nm Spartan by Dragon Lasers

Last edited:

diachi

Another update:
1W 638nm LightSaber Spiker -SOLD
1W 520nm Spiker -SOLD
4W 465nm Spiker -SOLD
Thank you very much @bugsysiegals! I promise you will not be disappointed :]

Still available:
1W 405nm LightSaber Spiker by Sanwu Lasers
50nW 589nm Spartan by Dragon Lasers

All three sold to a user that has no posts and just registered today? :confused: :can:

All three sold to a user that has no posts and just registered today? :confused: :can:

Yep, like myself he is newer to lasers but had done some research, and wanted to start a collection. He contacted me via PM and we swapped numbers. I told him everything I had/knew to offer and to check prices before giving him my asking price. We spoke on the phone, traded picture of the lasers of interest in real time, and a deal was made. :beer: Each laser was its own complete package, perfect for someone like him or myself. Now he is gonna be lazing in style :D

Last edited:
MIGHT have been interested but too much beating around the damn bush on prices. GOOD LUCK selling something on here when you will not publicly post prices. Especially on lasers that cost up to half a grand each new.
Best bet is to either post some prices you think are fair (we will counter offer if we feel they are too high) or have the thread closed. I mean really, is it to hard to pick a percentage you are willing to lose and knock that off of what you payed new? Would maybe actually get some sales that way VS coming off as a(nother) troll.

Hey ElectricPlasma, Just send me PM with what you're interested :yh:

I wasn't interested, I was just curious how much you're selling your items for, which if I knew the prices I then might've been interested. Similar to a lot of others who've seen your thread.

Is posting a sale without prices even allowed?

AFAIK, yes, there's nothing preventing it. As long as it's a serious sale. I've seen a couple vets and members do the same thing periodically, post the item not the price. It can be a bit of a piss-off to other people (including myself) and might not be the best "marketing choice" but hey, to each his own.

MIGHT have been interested but too much beating around the damn bush on prices. GOOD LUCK selling something on here when you will not publicly post prices. Especially on lasers that cost up to half a grand each new.
Best bet is to either post some prices you think are fair (we will counter offer if we feel they are too high) or have the thread closed. I mean really, is it to hard to pick a percentage you are willing to lose and knock that off of what you payed new? Would maybe actually get some sales that way VS coming off as a(nother) troll.

Thanks for the LUCK :na:
Clearly it wasn't a problem for all those nice people who actually decided to send me PM, as I requested. I responded to everyone and sold half of them in less than half a day :whistle: must have been a pretty sweet deal. Clearly you realize these lasers are not cheap, neither were the extras. My goal was to make sure I provided a great deal on each laser but to also make sure I got something for the rest I included. If it helps I sold each laser with supplies for each laser far less than cost of just the lasers. Today someone saved $1000 on like brand new lasers, because they didn't mind taking 4 seconds to click over to a private message.

Because there is so much belly aching I can only come to the assumption that a select few are too lazy to PM, lack the knowledge of how to PM, or you lack the funds to purchase such nice lasers unless they're practically being given away. I didn't post here to "haggle" as someone else here put it (that person didn't even take the time to contact me). At the same time I'm not here I'm not here to loose my ass because people tend are cheap.
I said I lack the fluent knowledge of lasers and their resell values in the initial post. Id rather explain what I have to offer, list out where I purchased and why, give the buyer the opportunity to see what current prices are, then tell them what I'm as asking so they realize its a pretty sweet deal for most people. Maybe this thread wasn't ideal for the vet but it sure would have been gold when I was looking to start my collection.

I still can't imagine how any of you took all this time to write and complain, multiple time on this thread, when you could have easily just messaged me and asked in a fraction of the time.

Most importantly I'm still very new to the forum as of a few month ago I DON'T HAVE EVERYONE OF YOUR RULES OR DETAILS MEMORIZED and I don't have the time to sit here and troll through all your ancient threads. I work full time in an emergency room and go to school full time. I read the few "READ ME BEFORE YOU POST THREADS" seeing NO RULES THAT PROHIBIT ME FROM POSTING WITHOUT DIRECTLY LISTING PRICES so I figured I qualified.

There have been a ton of welcoming and friendly people on this forum and I cant thank them enough for helping me along, guiding me, providing me with you knowledge. At the same time there is an overwhelming number of you that are unwelcoming, unfriendly, and just sound like pretentious condescending assholes to new combers like myself. You bash and complain because I'm doing something other than you like, while still falling under the guidelines I was provided to make a post.
The way you guys are acting over something so minute make me want to sell my lasers and walk away from the forums all together.
Some of you might like that after this thread or maybe this particular post. Either way that's not a great way to grow your laser community. If there are any other Vets or moderators I would hope you agree. It makes the whole forum look bad.
(To those of you who specifically when out of you way to comment you have no interest in purchasing all because I didn't post the prices and you couldn't suck up your "pride" to send me a message to ask, all I have to say is I'm glad I didn't sell to you. You lost out of a great deal not me.)

Last edited:
I sold All three lasers, BEs, survival lasers AW battery/charger sets, Nitecore charger, Efest batteries, Eagle Pair eye ware(x2), G2/G7 lenses, for each laser.

$1000

You're being a bit hypocritical here.

Because there is so much belly aching I can only come to the assumption that a select few are too lazy to PM, lack the knowledge of how to PM, or you lack the funds to purchase such nice lasers unless they're practically being given away.

Under this logic, I could just as easily say "you must just be too lazy to post prices." I can't speak for everyone but personally I'd rather not enter PM unless I want to make a deal. Whether I choose to make a deal to purchase from you depends on what your asking price is, in this case, completely unknown to everyone. Therefore, I would've never PMed you.

I still can't imagine how any of you took all this time to write and complain, multiple time on this thread, when you could have easily just messaged me and asked in a fraction of the time.

This is also pretty funny as your post is probably one of the longest, if not the longest, and is regarding complaining about us disliking your selling strategy. And it's not like sending a PM is somehow way faster than regular posting, it takes just as much time to type something out, if not more to fill in the PM details.

You need to cut the attitude and naming, this is your warning.

I think closing the thread is the best choice here. It looks like you've got a lot sold already and lots of views, and this is close to turning into a flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.