Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

bit of a prolem

got a cheepo green laser from ebay worked ok for about 10 minutes then went off now all i get is a fain red light from the tip any ideas

T

timelord

It sounds like the diode has blown mate. So send it it back and maybe consider buying from a reputable company as ebay is hit and miss...

much apreciated mate u know of any one seiing one for around £20 inc post and pacageing

I'm selling a 20mw greenie for about $40 dollars U.S. plus shipping, however I live in the U.S. so I don't know how much it would cost to ship bc I don't know where you live.

piercedrab said:
got a cheepo green laser from ebay worked ok for about 10 minutes then went off now all i get is a fain red light from the tip any ideas
Just dont look into it. if you see a faint red glow, it means that the pump diode is still lasing at 808nm (just into the near infrared) most likely your crystal set or allignment is knocked out.

Just because it appears very dim red to you, its safe to assume it still emitting lots of invisible IR light

Jase

K

kingzilla

Okay, I wouldn't even turn it on if I were you. Even relativley low powered green lasers have very powerful pump diodes. The nearly invisible light won't be focused and will reflect like crazy off things, possibly damaging your eyes. The crystal set has been damaged or destroyed. Unless you are very experianced with lasers, I would recommend that you try to return it as defective.

What power was it?

Things

did you drop it or wave it around, well i used to have a laser off ebay and i found that the little crystal got knocked out of place so i took the front off and re-alined it. i did also see a red light (but not looking at it directly of course ;D

i never droped it but when it got delivered it was badly pacaged  wouldany 1 here be able to realign he crystal fo r me caseu the guy on ebay is being a real jerk.

S

SenKat

Hey - if you want to send it to me, and pay postage - I could take a look at it for you, and determine if it is possible to fix. Lemme know - you can send me an email (listed in my profile) if you want, and we can converse off-line regarding it.