Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BigLasers.com? Legit?

Shift7

Hello, I am new here and I am looking to buy a high powered laser.
I have done a lot of research, looking at Tons of lasers, reviews, and dates. I have recently came across BigLasers.com and was wondering if it is a sort of scam. Their lasers seem pretty cheap especially concerning the EXB Blue 1W laser for $249.99 compared to say, Arctic S3 which is $299.99.
I have read other posts from 2006 about Big Lasers and they all seem to point out that BigLasers is overpriced but now in 2012, I see the contrary. Even their Green Lasers are exceptionally lower in price compared to other "manufactures".
Has anyone done recent business with them or have had the EXB Blue Adjustable Focus 1W Laser?
Thank you.
Link:
EXB 1000mW Blue Laser Pointer - BigLasers.com

Last edited:

Shift7

Nice research, wonder why you didn't find this... Cyber 445nm - 1W Focusable Blue Laser Water Proof

Same exact thing, $100 cheaper. Plus they're trusted. Don't know about BigLasers, but definitely overpriced. As well as the fact that WL lasers are crap.

Hello. I have done research on this particular one, but there was one problem, Duty Cycle. My friend who has several lasers told me to try to find one with an Unlimited Duty cycle because it won't damage the diode when I keep it on for over a minute or so.
What is your take on the Duty Cycle?
I've seen the Spartan as well but again, Duty Cycle. I do go back sometimes and research them though just in case.
Been researching for about 3-4 months now... So really only big names "stuck" with me.

Considering the size of this host, your duty cycle will likely be around a minute. The two are the exact same host. You'd need a rather large (and expensive) heatsink to get a continuous duty cycle at 1W of 445.

Shift7

Considering the size of this host, your duty cycle will likely be around a minute. The two are the exact same host. You'd need a rather large (and expensive) heatsink to get a continuous duty cycle at 1W of 445.

So it's almost impossible to get a Unlimited duty cycle at 1W without paying really big $$$? I feel as if a lot of websites have lied to me now. :(
Humm, so I guess BigLasers is a no go? Right? And anything claiming Unlimited Duty cycle in a similar host? Yes?

Most of these sites overhype their products. Lazerer and O-like are two good suppliers that are pretty honest and have good products and good service. Just don't expect to be able to lase for 10 minutes straight, there's just too much heat at the energy output. ==LAZERER== Leading Laser Pointer Retailer - We Offer Power Certificate for Green Red Blue Laser Pointer | Laser Module | and Welcome to O-like,the source of good quality laser products at unbeatable price and perfect service ! are trusted.

Shift7

Most of these sites overhype their products. Lazerer and O-like are two good suppliers that are pretty honest and have good products and good service. Just don't expect to be able to lase for 10 minutes straight, there's just too much heat at the energy output. ==LAZERER== Leading Laser Pointer Retailer - We Offer Power Certificate for Green Red Blue Laser Pointer | Laser Module | and Welcome to O-like,the source of good quality laser products at unbeatable price and perfect service ! are trusted.

Well, if that is the case then I will certainly be looking at these websites and reviews again. Thank you for the links and info!

There was no reason to necro-post on this thread. No one was even asking for a reply any longer, and it has been nearly 2 years since any activity.

EDIT: Lol this thread is like 2 years old... Sorry haha

Last edited:
@depawali why not the normal whois.com page? Why whoisxy.com? And yeah the thread is from 2012! Lol didn't notice it at first to.