Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Biglasers.com is a Scam

Biglasers.com is a Scam

I'm creating this thread, just so that if people search for information about this company, it is easily found.

Here's the latest thread dealing with biglasers: http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/biglasers-com-74498.html

The company uses altered, and unaltered pictures, and descriptions, taken directly from reputable companies.

The domain name is registered to a proxy for anonymity.

Even if you do receive something in the mail, after ordering from them, it's not likely to be what's advertised, but rather a cheaper knockoff.

Buyer beware... shop elsewhere.

Biglasers.com is a Scam

I'm creating this thread, just so that if people search for information about this company, it is easily found.

Here's the latest thread dealing with biglasers: http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/biglasers-com-74498.html

The company uses altered, and unaltered pictures, and descriptions, taken directly from reputable companies.

Even if you do receive something in the mail, after ordering from them, it's not likely to be what's advertised, but rather a cheaper knockoff.

Thanks for the heads up....

I hope you are not referring to WL....:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:
Thanks for putting that out there. After a closer look at the site, I'm glad I have not had the cash to order anything from them.

Thanks for putting that out there. After a closer look at the site, I'm glad I have not had the cash to order anything from them.

Glad it helped :D

There are plenty of reputable companies out there... so save up, and order from one of those instead.

At the high end you have Laserglow, Optotronics, and Jetlasers - These companies have excellent products and service.

At the more budget side of things there is o-like, and laserbtb.

At the bottom of the barrel you have wicked lasers (badly overpriced, but nice hosts) and basically all the drop shipper clone websites. There are dozens of sites out there.

Last edited:
Re: Biglasers.com is a Scam - not a complete scam.

Biglasers.com is a Scam

While I do agree with you that they do indeed seem to be selling 'Wicked Lasers' or knock-offs of what 'Wicked Lasers' sells.... I do have to disagree that they're a scam.

I ordered a 200mW laser just to test them out and see if they were legit in any fashion or form.. and it turns out that they're actually legit. I've been ripped off by other so called "laser companies/websites" (example: Store Temporarily Closed) I know for a fact that they don't keep anything in stock.. they use the 'drop shipping' method. Meaning when a customer orders a laser pointer from them, they then turn around and call their laser supplier (based in HONG KONG!) and then they order whatever laser the customer wants.. basically.

What pissed me off.. was when I found out that they're doing the 'drop shipping' method and ordering from a Hong Kong based laser company.. and probably paying like $30 to $50 MAX for a 200mW green laser.. and then charging me $149.99.. meaning they made $100.00 off of me for basically picking up a phone and ordering the laser for me.. that's what it boils down to.

I'm currently waiting on my "replacement" unit/laser because the first one they sent to me.. started dimming out when I would hit the button. At first, for like the first second of it being turned on.. the laser would be bright, but then it would dim down to where you almost couldn't even see the dot.

I just wish I could find a U.S.-based laser company that doesn't screw around. One that I could just order what I want from them.. and THEY actually ship it to me.. instead of doing this 'drop shipping' bullcrap.

But anyhow, if you order a laser pointer from them.. I can promise you that you'll receive what you ordered, but it might not work up to its maximum power for very long.

Just wanted to clear that up.. Biglasers.com is not a COMPLETE scam, however, some of the things that they do.. well, is questionable.

Thanks.

Dude, this thread was from last year May...Sounds like a shitty company. I don't even know why your trying to back them when they obviously have a bad rep already...

I can promise you that you'll receive what you ordered, but it might not work up to its maximum power for very long.

Just wanted to clear that up.. Biglasers.com is not a COMPLETE scam, however, some of the things that they do.. well, is questionable.

Thanks.

I appreciate the input, as I hope others do as well, on you taking a risk with this company.

I do have to disagree with you though.

That they ultimately do end up delivering something doesn't mean much when the product ends up being underspec, possibly not matching the description, and of a low quality.

To me, and I believe to all of LPF it's pretty clear cut:

If a company sells products that are not as advertised.... that is a clear scam.

If anyone thinks it's not a scam... please PM me, I have some bridges to sell :p

I appreciate the input, as I hope others do as well, on you taking a risk with this company.

I do have to disagree with you though.

That they ultimately do end up delivering something doesn't mean much when the product ends up being underspec, possibly not matching the description, and of a low quality.

To me, and I believe to all of LPF it's pretty clear cut:

If a company sells products that are not as advertised.... that is a clear scam.

If anyone thinks it's not a scam... please PM me, I have some bridges to sell :p

No, I mean.. to a certain point, I agree. They do sell low quality, foreign made lasers. But, at the same time... they do send you what you order.. even though it might not be of top quality. That's all I was trying to say.

Like right now, I've been trying to get someone at BigLasers to get back with me on my replacement unit because the first one I ordered stopped working at full power like 2 days after I received it in the mail. So, I mean.. if they don't respond and I don't get my new unit within the next week, I'll just go ahead and file charges against them. Simple as that. Trust me, I'll have them in so much litigation that their childrens kids, will need freaking lawyers. And that's being nice about it. :)

But yeah, I wouldn't recommend BigLasers to anyone really.

No, I mean.. to a certain point, I agree. They do sell low quality, foreign made lasers. But, at the same time... they do send you what you order.. even though it might not be of top quality. That's all I was trying to say.

I get that. It's just in my book that really is scamming.

Maybe not intentionally, but what happens with drop shippers far too often is they really have no clue what they are selling. This is even more so true with lasers.

When a product doesn't live up to it's claimed specifications... well that's a bait & switch scam.

I hope they come through for you... and hopefully with on spec lasers.

I get that. It's just in my book that really is scamming.

Maybe not intentionally, but what happens with drop shippers far too often is they really have no clue what they are selling. This is even more so true with lasers.

When a product doesn't live up to it's claimed specifications... well that's a bait & switch scam.

I hope they come through for you... and hopefully with on spec lasers.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more with you. Very well put btw.

I know that Colin (at BigLasers.com - CEO/Owner of BigLasers.com) did indeed order/ship me a new laser because 6 days ago he emailed me the tracking number and the tracking number is legit because I immediately checked it when I received the number in the email he sent to me. In fact, I checked the status of the replacement unit yesterday, and the USPS tracking tool shows the following:

December 27th, 2012 (5:04 pm) - Location: Hong Kong - Status: Acceptance - Features: International Letter

December 28th, 2012 (7:50 pm) - Location: Hong Kong - Status: Processed through sort facility - Features: International Letter

January 2nd, 2013 (8:01 pm) - Location: San Francisco, CA - Status: Processed through USPS sort facility - Features: International Letter

January 2nd, 2013 (time N/A) - Location: San Francisco, CA - Status: Depart USPS sort facility - Features: International Letter - Service: First Class International Mail

Not sure what the "FEATURES" section is all about.. but I don't like the looks/sounds of it because it says "International Letter". It's got me thinking that I have an international letter from Customs.. But, that wouldn't be the case.. now that I really think about it.. because if U.S. Customs had it.. it would be intercepted once it arrived in California U.S.A. - So, I'm 90% sure I'm good there. Maybe that's what they labeled the item as being? Who knows for sure. Just have to wait and find out.

When it comes, I'll come back and at least show pictures of what I recieve. That is, if anyone is even interested in seeing what I end up with. Thanks everyone.

Peace.

Hysteria <---- The 30 year-old man still living at home with his mom due to certain circumstances.

And just like I said, BigLasers.com has delivered once again my friends. Now, while I agree with some of you who have said that the quality of the lasers that they ship aren't that great.. I still have to say that I'm quite impressed with them for honoring my replacement laser because the first one I got from them crapped out on me.

Not only am I impressed with them on that part, BUT, I am also impressed with the fact that originally, I had paid for and ordered the 200mW from BigLasers.. and that's what I received from them the first time. However, with the replacement.. not only did Colin at BigLasers honor the replacement, BUT, he upgraded my order to a 500mW 532nm laser at NO EXTRA charge!! Now, that too me.. is downright impressive and very loyal IMO.

So, as of right now.. I have to say that BigLasers.com for the most part, is a damn good place to order a laser pointer from.. despite the fact that they use drop-shipping method. Even with that said, I still have to say that BigLasers.com is not a scam.

Here are the pictures of my new laser, which just came in the mail today.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• mylaser2-resized.jpg
    mylaser2-resized.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 221
  • mylaser-resized.jpg
    mylaser-resized.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 350
I'm glad you got a replacement and are happy with it.

Just one little problem... What the label says, and what the laser does are two entirely different things.

That model, at absolute best, contains a module meant to do 200mW... not 500mW. Typically they end up being in the 50-150mW range.

Similar lasers sell for anywhere from $20 to $80...

I hate scams. It makes it hard to trust anybody at all. Nice thread, i might have ordered from them if i had not known.

I just ordered a 200 mw green laser for $120 from BigLasers.com in January.

I arrived DEAD, no matter how I input charged batteries, it was dead.

Colin is not immediately offering to send me a new one, but I don't have 3 weeks more to wait, he should Express it to me for all the trouble - - at his cost !

Now I find this thread, wish I had not ordered from this co.

Why aren't there any US based co's who ship directly from US soil instead of all these dropship creeps ?