Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Big news from LG! OLEDS OH MY :) a bright future?

LG is poised to take over as leader in the flatpanel display world in Spring of this year according to analysts! LG has been for the last few years developing some new full spectrum OLED technology which has me quite excited. Also, these panels are ultraHD and as such can display 2K res over HDMI 1.4. Multimedia producers will be happy! The screens will also be produced up to 84"
This is some exciting stuff in the green (low power consumption) display technology world.
There you have it.

OLED technology is advancing rapidly. Out with RGB OLED in with 6500K OLED.

Blord

Let LG bring out more afforable models first. 84" and 4K resolution is nice but the bulk sales will be still 40"-50"models.

Nice model, the television too :D
1325429662.jpeg

Hiemal

Wow, that TV is so minimalistic!

I swear it seems like just yesterday CRT TV's were still the main thing...

It's so amazing how far technology had advanced in the past decade.

I think LG is experimenting with some pretty excellent materials. White OLEDs are great!
Also being planned is a 3D responsive TV that responds to x,y,z axis movements with the same res as the Ultra2K. IT will also be able to pull an internet connection via the HDMI cable. A 4K screen will also make it's debut soon as well. I think that will be the 84" wall screen.... we'll see...