Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BFG Nemesis

T

timelord

Well today I got my replacement BFG Nemesis :) The first one was a dud out of the batch kicking 506mw of IR :'( So I emailed Rick Lee who told me to send it back. He then checked the rest of his stock to make sure none of the others were effected. To his surprise the one he sent me was the only faulty unit.

Now today I got the replacement and OMFG it's a beast with Alkalines it's kicking out 157mw of 532nm green :) With lithiums it's doing 162mw of 532nm green :) Considering these are rated at 150mw maximum I'd say I've got a good one :cool:

Thank you Rick Lee top man with brilliant customer service too. :cool: :cool:

T

timelord

I'm totally made up with this laser now all I've gotta get is one of those caps to keep the dust out of it, as this will be the pocket beast :cool:

T

timelord

Well this thing has popped a black balloon at over 10 feet :D

Sweet, I was gonna get one first time but he had sold out so I ended up with an Envee. They look really cool though and yeah better get that lens cap sorted asap

Gerald

What exactly does BFG stand for, big friendly giant, or...

Do they have a website or something I want to compare prices :)

Gerald

Kenom

it stands for "big f*cking green" lasers as in the BFG in DOOM! (BIG F*CKING GUN)

T

timelord

I'll do a test using your calculator soon and get back to you with the results :)

T

timelord

First measurement of the beam specs using your calculator is 1.230314339864 mRad

T

timelord

I think it may be about 1-1.5mm. The measurement i took was 8 foot away and the dot was 3mm... Damn useful tool you have made there too cheers Carter ;)