Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beware of the member Demented !

I like the idea of a thread/post for scammers, showing their addresses and such - but you've got to be careful with that, or else the law could turn against you for leaking personally identifiable information. You'd probably want to put this thread somewhere that Google/spiders can't get to it, and maybe restrict it somehow to people that are authorized to sell? No idea.

Yup thats why Ive posted it in the vets section, so that only vets or a few select people with the link will have access. If you do however know of any problems with this please let me know. :beer:

Blord

Update :

PayPal has declined the claim of unauthorized access to the PayPal account. That means I keep the funds. It is already released and the case is closed.
I have proof of the shipment and the item was delivered. That was enough evidence.
I am glad there are still reasonable people at PayPal.

Btw I never got any reply from the person. May this scare people off when they try to scam us.

That is great news Blord. This should be a lesson for all leave a paper trail to cover your ass.

sinner

Looks like Mr.Demented just got an upgrade to Alzheimer's! :crackup: Great News Blord.. Some people need to be taught a lesson.. This is great news and people should know we at Lpf never make a second mistake :wave:

I certainly hope this does not change all perceptions towards new forum members. I'm very new here and was actively looking for a 3+W laser to be shipped to my LA hotel while I'm on a work trip there. That's my only chance to get it and hand-carried in hand, before I leave LA back for Malaysia. Going through customs in Malaysia = confirmed confiscation.

I dont mind meeting face to face to avoid being scammed and all, in fact that's ideal. But the circumstances may not be ideal based on the location of the interested buyer itself. I am lucky I'm able to be in places where I can either collect this in LA and bring it back home, but there are unfortunate others who are deprived of their chance of owning a laser just because their home country will definitely confiscate them upon customs inspection.

I don't know any other way to prove one's genuine interest on buying one, even when payment is already made. I just wanna say that there are genuine interested buyers from forum newcomers like me, please dont dismiss us.

So... What did you sell to him Blord.
"Highly authentic Star Wars Props"?
"Customs electronics teaching equipment"?
"Cross-wavelength light oscillator devices"?
:p

sinner

Hey Stringfellow, Thanks for taking the time and speaking it out loud, Let me assure you that Nobody is changing perception for the newcomers, This is why everyday new members are adding up and lpf has the largest crowds of laserists from all over the world as of today 45k+ daily hits means we're growing.. However Transactions related to buy/sell is a personal matter and entirely depends on the buyer and seller's agreements, much like our's. We trust the newcomers but there are a few things one should avoid and we do our best they donot happen.. This right here, is called unfortunate, this just shouldnot happen! :beer: Hope you have a great day!

Thank you Sinner for taking a chance on me, I guarantee you I'm genuine and damn well excited to receive your laser. This is the first laser I have which I'm sure, gonna the first in many to come, in my collection, and I'm already hitting 3.2-3.5W in power! Thank you Sinner for this opportunity, your confidence in me is much appreciated. :)

Its so sad to read that some people thinks that they are much clever than we are.Sorry to hear that Blord.In this life what you do it returns to you.Blord is a great guy to deal with.I Never thought to do something bad to him or demanding to refund me..even when my diode from his laser was not worked properly i communicated with him and so simple told me to return it back to him to change the diode free of charge becauce iam in his warranty.Not fights..not disputes between us..not nothing bad.Great communication and all will be fixed again.So..Simple!Happy to read that the case closed possitive to you!

Last edited: