Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Better later than never

Hi All,

I guess it's a little late but I totally forgot to introduce myself.

My Name is Pascal and I live in the Netherlands.
I'm 35 yrs old and working as an IT Security Engineer (Firewalls VPN etc..)
While searching for specs and differences on laserpointers I found this forum.
I already found a lot of info on lasers here.

Besides my relatively new laser hobby, other hobbies Are photography,astronomy, computergames(puzzle or roleplaying) and playing poker.

Greetings.

P.

Dj-IceLava said:
Welcome!

what is the best firewall you can get at this moment?

May a little off topic but here you go..
It depends on how many hosts are behind it and if you want do IPS,AV and VPN.

For smaller to mid size enterprises you can go for a Fortigate with VPN, AV,IPS, and webfiltering capabilities (you need a subscription for updates)
You can also go for the Cisco ASA which is more expensive but easier to troubleshoot in case of trouble.(which can also do IPS or AV with AIP extension module but not both)
For the larger enterprises I would advise a Cisco Firewall service module (for which you need a 6500 series chassis)
And anoter option is Checkpoint on a Nokia Appliance which is often used by Larger enterprises and ISP's but software upgrading these can be a real pain.

All these firewalls have VPN capabilities but if its mainly for VPN I would definitely go for the ASA(which supports Radius authentication and authorization)
I also heard the Juniper Netscreen is very good but i've never worked with these.
Finally you can use the Watchguard or Sonicwall appliances but our company does not support these boxes so I'm not sure what these can do.

But i guess its too much info to explain in depth in a single post...