Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best places to buy green modules

I just got two of the Olike 200mW modules, the new threaded style. One works great and outputs 203mw then drops down to the 190s. The other one died in 10 seconds. Im not sure what the problem is, I can see on my webcam that there is IR coming out, but no green. The one that works though, shoots up to 200mW pretty fast and hangs around there for at least 10 seconds or so and then starts slowly dropping. The drop may be due to load on the battery, I used a single cr123a primary.

megha

I just got two of the Olike 200mW modules, the new threaded style. One works great and outputs 203mw then drops down to the 190s. The other one died in 10 seconds. Im not sure what the problem is, I can see on my webcam that there is IR coming out, but no green. The one that works though, shoots up to 200mW pretty fast and hangs around there for at least 10 seconds or so and then starts slowly dropping. The drop may be due to load on the battery, I used a single cr123a primary.

Good output 190mW for $46.00 ! bad that the other one fried so fast :S, what could it be ?
What do you mean with the "new threaded style" ?

Thanks,

I just meant the module type with threads on the very end of it. They are the ones that look just the like dx modules, but with a spring already on the back of the driver.
This one: 200mW green laser diode module£*>5¡«500mW green laser module£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com
vs
This one: 200mW green laser module£*>5¡«500mW green laser module£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com

Im not sure why it fried so fast, maybe its a problem with the alignment of the crystal or something, my webcam sees IR coming out of it, but theres no green.

I would guess the drop is the battery the 200mw should draw between .75 to 1.0 amp so that is the top of a CR-123 as far as it's delerivy of current, the only way to know for sure would be to use a bench power supply.

Sounds like xtals in the bad one couldn't take the power, if you can see IR and it's still drawing the same current it did when there was green light then it's 99% the xtals !

Also I have just ordered green modules of different powers 100mw 150mw 200mw from two different suppliers in China they both have promissed me good modules we will see and if We get good ones, if so I will be stocking them in the near furture here for all.
Pyro.

Last edited:
That's good to hear flaminpyro, we can never have too many reliable sources for modules. Let's hope they turn out good.