Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best MODS for vaping

The juice part is easy, I'll just get that lizard juice stuff, but the equipment options are a different story.

sinner

It can be a bit overwhelming/confusing , I gave into the hype and ended up overspending on gear which eventually would be superseded by newer/better/improved/wider every other month, A lot of this hype is just curiosity and "Mines bigger than yours" kinda situation.. I stopped purchasing new gear and i can't wait until things settle down a bit and vaping takes a turn towards better for good.

Went with the Kanger subox mini, couple of batteries specifically for it (though I have 150+ 18650's on hand :p) and four different juices.

Reactions: ped

sinner

Would be interesting to hear your reviews, Its the perfect choice.

Reactions: ped

ped

Yeah, let us know what its like.

I was going to pull the trigger on the Sub box mini ,but I only need the tank.

Will keep you guys posted... very eager to try it out.

I confess I think in part I want it because I'm tired of watching the smokers in my office take hourly breaks. Not that I want to join them, I just want the breaks outside too, without it being conspicuous :p

sinner

Yeah, let us know what its like.

I was going to pull the trigger on the Sub box mini ,but I only need the tank.

Isn't it the same as subtank mini? its $30 for the tank only iirc

Hi Vaper,
Check out Chris James vape mods on Facebook or Google his name. He builds some awesome vapes in series or Parnell voltage. I use the Aspire Nautilus dripper. I can't put it down mine is in series voltage. There's no cotton to.mess with its a coil that heats the juice.
Believe me you won't be disappointed bro.

So I got the batteries yesterday, charged them up, and started vaping last night.

Soaked the coil/wick a bit first, filled it up, let it soak for another few minutes, and took a few dry off hits first. Started with apple flavored Lizard Juice, no nicotine in it.

The thing that surprised me is, it felt quite a bit more harsh on my throat vs a hookah, and had less flavor to it.

On the up side, I love the fact that that it's just vapor, no need to worry about smoke, and clothes/everything smelling like smoke later.

As far as the unit itself is concerned, it's quite nice. Very moder/stylish look to it, nice cerakote like white finish, and also much smaller than I expected.

Went through a tank of the apple, and put in some rasperry, with 6mg nicotine content. While it's even more harsh, it actually does have some nice flavor to it.

Have lots of experimentation let to figure out the optimum air intake, and wattage for best effect. (Which to me means being able to take 1-3 deep back to back, full lung inhales, without a scratch throat.)

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or that during the past ~6 months I only smoked a couple of hookahs, but I did expect it to be milder.

Last edited:

sinner

the harshness is mostly there because you started with a hardcore sub-ohm mean vapor machine. the pre-made coils are presumably 0.5Ω even i can't vape them for too long.. I build with 28g 1.2-1.8Ω (thinner wire) and its quite a bit less constraint on the throat/lungs.. Even if you parallel two strands it is 0.8Ω, great flavor and vapor only less harsh..

here's one I love to use on all my RDAs
FlrUxOt.jpg

So I got the batteries yesterday, charged them up, and started vaping last night.

Soaked the coil/wick a bit first, filled it up, let it soak for another few minutes, and took a few dry off hits first. Started with apple flavored Lizard Juice, no nicotine in it.

The thing that surprised me is, it felt quite a bit more harsh on my throat vs a hookah, and had less flavor to it.

On the up side, I love the fact that that it's just vapor, no need to worry about smoke, and clothes/everything smelling like smoke later.

As far as the unit itself is concerned, it's quite nice. Very moder/stylish look to it, nice cerakote like white finish, and also much smaller than I expected.

Went through a tank of the apple, and put in some rasperry, with 6mg nicotine content. While it's even more harsh, it actually does have some nice flavor to it.

Have lots of experimentation let to figure out the optimum air intake, and wattage for best effect. (Which to me means being able to take 1-3 deep back to back, full lung inhales, without a scratch throat.)

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or that during the past ~6 months I only smoked a couple of hookahs, but I did expect it to be milder.

I'm using it with the premade coil, that it came with installed, which is .05, but will try the other coil it came with, and there is also an RBA in there.

I took a few hits of the 6mg fluid, and it's definitely even harsher, not to mention gave me quite a rush... I haven't had any nicotine in a while.

So I stopped by a vape shop after work, got a 2 minute crash course in vaping, and picked up some more juice.

I am finally quite happy, and have my simulated hookah! :D

Turns out my issue is the fact that I basically have no more tolerance for nicotine after not smoking sober for the past 8 years or so. Dumped and washed out the tank, put in about half a tank of new juice with no nic in it, and it's great. Not perfect, but great.

Also picked up some 3mg juice, so I'll try mixing it, and see how I like it at just 1.5mg but I have a feeling I'm going to be vaping happily at a very low number, or zero.

The tank and mod seem to be performing well, but there are some things I'd like for the future at some point. Specifically a tank with larger capacity, and bigger air holes. The holes in place there, even with the largest opening, mean I take too long to get a lungful.

Also need a mod that runs off of at least two 18650's... started off yesterday at 4.2v and after moderate, but not heavy use, today I'm down to 3.8v. If there was a way to keep the vapor colder that would also be interesting.