Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best MODS for vaping

MY wife and I want to quit smoking. So I am wanting to try vaping to taper down with. Can anyone tell what are the best MODS? I have tried some of the cheaper ones and they just put the vape fluid in my mouth it was horrible.

Thanks

ped

I'm nearly 2 years smoke free thanks to vapes. Cigarettes disgust me now.

I'm nearly 2 years smoke free thanks to vapes. Cigarettes disgust me now.

Awesome my wife and I are ready to stop smoking now. May I ask do you still vape and at what % of nicotnie do you still vape at, if you do?

ped

I'm on high (24mg) because thats how I like it :)

I started at 18mg a couple of years ago in small pen type evods, im now at 3mg :) one could ask why bother..

You enjoy the flavor, and mild oxygen deprivation? :p

I haven't really been a smoker since college 10 years ago, and even then I wasn't a heavy smoker.

Absolutely love an occasional hookah though, and now I'm in serious need of direction with vaping... want to give it a shot vs hookah to see how I like it.

Edit:

Any suggestions on a good mod? Preferably something 18650 powered.

Last edited:

sinner

I do enjoy the flavor.. Partly because i have been struggling to get rid of addictive substances, like coffee & nic. I'd say go for it.. I have a more than a few friends that switched to vaping altogather, hookah is primitive and is a lot of hassle as compared to a always-ready device. No coal, ash, water gurgles(lol), elongated tube with unncecessary bling etc..

Any recommendations on what to start with?

I do enjoy the hookah, but agree the setup is a hassle, I usually only do it when going camping, or at a bbq. ~5 minutes to setup, another ~5 minutes for the coal tablet to burn through, and after that only about half hour to an hour max of heavy use. Not to mention the cleanup after.

sinner

Any recommendations on what to start with?

I do enjoy the hookah, but agree the setup is a hassle, I usually only do it when going camping, or at a bbq. ~5 minutes to setup, another ~5 minutes for the coal tablet to burn through, and after that only about half hour to an hour max of heavy use. Not to mention the cleanup after.

Hookah's a more outdoorsy , a friends gathering or camping.. Vaping's a loner!! haha..

I'd say go for a tank system like a subtank with pre-made coils. These are extremely easy to work with and quite possibly similar vapor production to a well made hookah.

edit: here's my current setup, Although i am using a vaporshark box mod as a battery source i do enjoy a compact carry-on setup like this.
LIDfIMU.jpg

It is a Zephyrus (tank) and a cheap 18350 mechanical mod from Fasttech called LPG

Last edited:
Yup, hookahs are great for group stuff. I think I set mine up for myself alone, maybe twice in three years? Just no fun solo.

Any starter recommendations on what to go with?

sinner

I really like the joyetech ego one starter kits. they're compact yet powerful and easy to carry. Come with replaceable coil heads so you wont have to worry about replacing the coils very often..

Actually, It doesnot matter what gear you choose, but donot cheap out on juice..