Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best li-ion 18650 for my 100mw 532nm?

yeah
there a few 'tricks' to getting inside batt packs- often there is a 'seam' hidden under a lable- find that and gently slowly cut into the plactic- you want to avoid cutting wires or shorting any-I have tried to cut into one with a hacksaw but that was not a good way.

it does take considerable skill to harvest these and make NO marks or scratches in the covering of the batteries- .. same goes for removal of the tabs soldered onto each end- you want to avoid any damage to the plastic around the 'Plus' end- I made a 'jig' that the battery slips into and exposes ONLY where the tab was attached- making it impossible to do any damage. The carefully dremel away what left after pulling (sideways) on the tab to remove most of it. Prying too hard and the wrong way will bend the top- I grab it with needle nose pliers and 'roll/twist' it away-- kinda like opening a can of sardines-

you can pretty much determine that any battery WHEN harvested with less than 2 vdc to be disposed (properly)- as it will most likely NOT be worth having-I 'think' one of the problems with these packs is due to the circuits more than the actual batteries.

The Opus charger is worth the cost if you plan to harvest lots of batts as it does a LOT more than most 'smart' chargers -- discharges- shows internal resistance- and has 4 seperate circuits for each battery-- and, of course, very safe to use.

hak