Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best laser for static continuous use for artwork

Rmontjoie

Hi guys. We’re busy with an artwork project for AfrikaBurn, similar to Burning Man in Nevada, and I’m looking for a suitable laser that will shine into the desert sky from our Unicorn artwork, continuously for hours on end. We can power it with 12v, 140v or 220v. The brighter and more visible the beam the better. It will be mounted about 15 feet high, shining into the sky, so there is no danger that it will shine into anyone’s eyes, and the area is off of common flight paths.

I’m looking for recommendations on a suitable laser that will do the shop without overheating.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks

Richard

You might consider hiring someone to do your laser work for you. A really good laser that would project a visible beam a long distance would be very expensive, so hiring someone who has one and does this could be a better alternative.

HMM in the desert and you need lasers NOT requiring a 'rest cycle'.. good luck.
VERY few handhelds are truly no rest usage except MYB in the winter afaik.
You need small lab lasers with large heat sink and a fan or two.
Blue diodes are robust and can take the 'heat' better than the others.

anyhoo
be sure to post again w/ pics!!
No pics No ransome paid.
also

think about making a nice respectful 'Intro' placed it the newcomers/welcome section
we ARE new correct? do you not feel the need for such a thread??

These get lots of nice greets especially if you place your location in your 'intro' title
mine was 10 years ago and was like 'Hello LPF from Houston.' ANDit was several months late!!!

Hope you are here to stay and not a 'hit n run' member..

hak
or you can call me Len or Tex

Rmontjoie

HMM in the desert and you need lasers NOT requiring a 'rest cycle'.. good luck.
VERY few handhelds are truly no rest usage except MYB in the winter afaik.
You need small lab lasers with large heat sink and a fan or two.
Blue diodes are robust and can take the 'heat' better than the others.

anyhoo
be sure to post again w/ pics!!
No pics No ransome paid.
also

think about making a nice respectful 'Intro' placed it the newcomers/welcome section
we ARE new correct? do you not feel the need for such a thread??

These get lots of nice greets especially if you place your location in your 'intro' title
mine was 10 years ago and was like 'Hello LPF from Houston.' ANDit was several months late!!!

Hope you are here to stay and not a 'hit n run' member..

hak
or you can call me Len or Tex

Thank you, duly noted and actioned! Intro placed in newcomer thread, and profile updated. Thanks for the feedback so far, I think we'll buld in a rest cycle in the setup, probably safest.