Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Best Batteries for 95mW?

Frankk

I think my 95mW green from DL might not be outputting at maximum capacity because of the batteries (I'm using normal Energizers right now, 2xAAA). The threads I've seen on the forum with the same question are over a year old, so I'm not not sure if there have been any advancements in batteries since then.

A few people have recommended this:
Sanyo 1000mah AAA 2-pack NiMH Batteries

And I know Tenergy is a good brand:
Tenergy 10400 AAA 1000mAh High Capacity NiMH Rechargeable Batteries

Thanks!

Last edited:

Zeebit

Sanyo Eneloops work really great in my 5mW pen. They last way longer than your average alkaline. You could try a 3.7V 10440 but it depends on the driver if it will run properly on that voltage.

What is that laser you have?

DJNY

I like the Energizer Advanced a lot. Bumping out the extra of my lasers.

Zeebit

I don't know what driver it uses so I can't say if it would work with 2.4V or 3.7V. Just wait for the other more experienced members here to say something.

Zeebit

1.5v? 2 alkaline AAA will provide 3V when fresh and will continually drop until it is exhausted.

Frankk

Forgot it works like that >.< I'm considering getting an LPM just to make sure, but I have to see what DL's policy is on replacements.

Edit: I picked up some energizer ultimate lithiums and there's no difference. It's either underspec or my expectations were too high. I'm going with the latter since DL has a good rep.

Last edited: