Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Been Running Blue Laser Without Driver For Hours Of Run Time(Power increased)

reloader45

Hello Paul,

is that LPM really so bad? I bought the same one, because i could not find another LPM at this price.

best regards

Edgar

BrilliantLasers

Hello Paul,

is that LPM really so bad? I bought the same one, because i could not find another LPM at this price.

best regards

Edgar

Like I said. I've compared it to other LPMs with the same laser pointers and got very similar results. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it wasn't completely accurate, but I'm not some scientist who needs 100% accurate measurements. Besides, LPMs can't exactly be super accurate anyway because they measure simply based on temperature. Many factors can affect the readings in small amounts.

On another note, one of my motivations for buying this one is how high it goes. Hard to find an LPM that goes to 11 watts!

Regardless, I really don't see how this applies when such a massive power difference was shown, 3.9 watts to 5.4 watts is very significant. the beam is also far brighter and burns a lot more. I took many measurements of the 2 powers and got consistent results, so that's really all that matters. Most high watt blue diodes can be pushed way farther than they are rated for.

Pretty far from the point here...

You can use the wet finger method. It would be as accurate as this LPM. I was just trying to make you aware that this so called meter is crap, but if you don't care, then enjoy.

You know, just because the voltmeter inside it will display 11 watts doesn't mean that 11 watts is not 6 watts or even 20 watts.

Encap

Lol... The Thor pointer goes to 5 watts max. It most likely has a driver/power supply inside. Otherwise it would be smaller. I actually recently ordered the green 1 watt Thor.

Try not to fall for all the marketing that says "WORLDS MOST POWERFUL LASER!". They most likely are not the most powerful visible diode. There actually aren't many pointers using the most powerful diode which is the 7 watt NUBM44. The "Sanwu Striker" is one of the few that uses it, and is actually a sponsor of this website.

After small laser diodes there are industrial Co2 lasers and fiber lasers which completely dwarf little diodes in terms of power output.

Don't feed the troll.
It obviouly doesn't know what it is talking about and just making demented moron comments.

Reactions: GSS
What you've done here is called "direct drive." There is no regulation besides the internal resistance of of your (obviously inferior quality) lithium cells. It may be working now, but it will will go up in smoke soon enough.

You guys having fun? This thread isn’t sincere, I think someone who has been in and out of the forum over the years knew the buttons to push to get a rise out of members and are now playing the thread for all the juice they can get.

You guys having fun? This thread isn’t sincere, I think someone who has been in and out of the forum over the years knew the buttons to push to get a rise out of members and are now playing the thread for all the juice they can get.

Yea, like the guy with the worlds most powerful laser.........I'm surprised he didn't claim to have a WL.........BTW what ever happened to the airline pilot who promised us a review ?

This >

Probably someone of the same caliber, this thread was likely dreamed up as a hoax by blue bird over on the chat group, coming in here to produce more controversy once again.

Last edited:
It's been perfectly accurate against other LPMs in videos I've watched with the same pointers... So that's good enough for me. Do you have any actual evidence that it's inaccurate? Or do you just assume this?
Hmmm... "perfectly accurate" Hmmm....
It is cheap to purchase because it is not worth much.
You should perhaps read this review of that "perfectly
accurate" LPM to see what's wrong with it.
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/review-of-the-new-15w-lpm-from-lps.101715/#post1502878

Jerry

Wasn't it priced at 59 dollars when it first came out? I see it's near three times that amount on ebay now. I'm half tempted to buy it just to compare it to a real LPM and report on it too, but not for that amount.'

Edit: It's 79 at that store, there is another one somewhat like it called the Tornado for 55. It seems he knocked all his prices down to fairly normal amounts for many items. I will be interested to see how long they stay down.

Last edited:

BrilliantLasers

Hmmm... "perfectly accurate" Hmmm....
It is cheap to purchase because it is not worth much.
You should perhaps read this review of that "perfectly
accurate" LPM to see what's wrong with it.
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/review-of-the-new-15w-lpm-from-lps.101715/#post1502878

Jerry

I tried shinning 3, 4 watt laser modules onto it once, no smoke. It was only first time I put a high power laser on it that a bit of smoke came off, after that everything has worked perfect, no smoke or odors at all with upwards of 8-10 watts. Perhaps they have changed it since your review?

Good to know it's accurate for blue lasers though, as those are what I'm using the most. That's probably what it was designed for since most powerful visible diodes are blue.

In conclusion, I see nothing wrong with this LPM for my casual use. On the laser pointer store it's $79, you really can't beat the price.

How could anyone possibly expect lab quality results for something like this?! I sure didn't. It's the best price you can get, there's no reason to discourage people from buying it.

Last edited:
I saw it on ebay for 159, that guy is charging that when another seller is selling it for 55? LaserPointerStore usually charges three times more than the common price for the same thing, I guess they charge a realistic price for some items then?

BrilliantLasers

I saw it on ebay for 159, that guy is charging that when another seller is selling it for 55? LaserPointerStore usually charges three times more than the common price for the same thing, I guess they charge a realistic price for some items then?

Sorry i was looking at the pocket one. But I did pay close to that cause it was on sale at the time. It's $79 now. https://laserpointerstore.com/laser-power-meters/pocket-laser-power-meter

Even so, you really can't go wrong with that. Handles high wattage pretty well and it's very portable. 2% inaccuracy for blue lasers is barely something worth arguing about in my opinion. Especially for the price.

Ps, mine included a USB cable.

Here's a link to a PDF capture of one of his store pages, let's check back later and see if his prices go back to the original, the prices he shows slashed are the old prices which were outrageous:

I need to check and see if he has high shipping next, hard to believe he put his prices that much lower without some angle, maybe just temporary.

BrilliantLasers

Here's a link to a PDF capture of one of his store pages, let's check back later and see if his prices go back to the original, the prices he shows slashed are the old prices which were outrageous:

I need to check and see if he has high shipping next, hard to believe he put his prices that much lower without some angle, maybe just temporary.

You sure the Ebay price isn't some re-seller trying to make some cash? Those are all over Ebay. I've seen people try to sell laser equipment at almost 10X what it's sold for elsewhere.