Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Been reading here extensively for the last week. Decided it was time

Loveknuckle

Thanks for letting me join here. It seems like there is a wealth of info and knowledgeable folks here.

Just bought an ebay laser 10 days ago that was supposed to be a 1mw 532nm laser for cheap. From what i can gather, this thing is quite a bit stronger than that, has a 5mw sticker on it. However, I don't have an LPM to test it. It won't light a black match on fire so I suspect that its still under 100 mw. It seems like a great deal for for the price, but I'm sure it falls short of what I've seen here. The host seems really solid though, so I plan to refit it. So starts my collection

Last edited:

Milkeeway

I hear that a lot of those lasers are way overpowered. I wish I had one of those meters to test mine

A whole week ???
took me 9 whole days..are you ready for a quiz???
I will bet you that will not answer any questions asked that I can find in a search.... easily..
LPF is not chat.
hak

EDIT-- sorry for my rudeness. For me --the learning process never stops.. As much as I try (to avoid) I learn something new every day about lasers..

WISH I were young enough to find and study a field in Photonics so I could LOVE my work. IT is a wide open biz- There are thousands of companies dealing with Photonics.. If this interests you.. I am willing to help. I have the directory -- you can search area where the companies are located OR you can look up what they 'do' and find a company where you would like to work.(cross referenced) Most jobs pay ~$85 K per year. (SCHWEET)

hak

Last edited:

Loveknuckle

I hear that a lot of those lasers are way overpowered. I wish I had one of those meters to test mine
Yeah, you're really just rolling the dice with them. I had not realized that was the case when I bought it initially.

Loveknuckle

A whole week ???
took me 9 whole days..are you ready for a quiz???
I will bet you that will not answer any questions asked that I can find in a search.... easily..
LPF is not chat.
hak

EDIT-- sorry for my rudeness. For me --the learning process never stops.. As much as I try (to avoid) I learn something new every day about lasers..

WISH I were young enough to find and study a field in Photonics so I could LOVE my work. IT is a wide open biz- There are thousands of companies dealing with Photonics.. If this interests you.. I am willing to help. I have the directory -- you can search area where the companies are located OR you can look up what they 'do' and find a company where you would like to work.(cross referenced) Most jobs pay ~$85 K per year. (SCHWEET)

hak
The learning process should never stop for anybody. Unfortunately, I'm not young enough to start a new career field nor lucky enough to have a job I feel fulfilled in. Those are flights of fancy for folks with years of disposable income to find and achieve.

On an aside, firstly public forums are literally by definition for discussions both before the internet and now. I'm not chatty, social sites are vastly overrated, and I may never post here again to be honest. I didn't see the same hostile entrance exam for other newbies to your forum, but obviously you underestimate my google-fu powers. The internet is the modern day library of Alexandria every answer to almost every question is readily available at the tip of my fingers. Never, EVER, in all of humanity has information been so accessible to the entirety of the masses. I found most of the questions I had, answered here at this forum, before I signed up. (which is why i signed up) I initially had a few questions, that I found answers to and removed from my welcome intro. Cool rant over. I'm ready for the quiz, and if I pass you have to get me one of those schweet jobs near Iowa. :) Take care and have a great day.

Last edited: