Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Been a while

Hey folks,

It's been about 4 years since I last posted.

Life got in the way. I'm on a mobile phone thesedays.

Hopefully a few of you will remember me.

I'm still into lasers and photography. How has everyone been?

I have a friend in California who has a laser which is fried by a duty cycle which wasn't obeyed. I imagine it would need a new diode and maybe a new driver.

Anyone happen to be based out there?

I also have a broken down laser which died when the polarity was reversed. I'm in the UK, I don't suppose anyone happens to be able to sort either?

It'd be good to get back to this hobby and sort out my gear again.

I'm looking to get a computer and camera body in 2023 so hopefully I'll be back more often in the future.

Thanks.
received_10211433470653044.jpeg

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hey folks,

It's been about 4 years since I last posted.

Life got in the way. I'm on a mobile phone thesedays.

Hopefully a few of you will remember me.

I'm still into lasers and photography. How has everyone been?

I have a friend in California who has a laser which is fried by a duty cycle which wasn't obeyed. I imagine it would need a new diode and maybe a new driver.

Anyone happen to be based out there?

I also have a broken down laser which died when the polarity was reversed. I'm in the UK, I don't suppose anyone happens to be able to sort either?

It'd be good to get back to this hobby and sort out my gear again.

I'm looking to get a computer and camera body in 2023 so hopefully I'll be back more often in the future.

Thanks.
View attachment 75195
Welcome back Aardvark! Yep, I remember you. Nice to have another brit back.

Welcome back 777......what's new you ask?
Well you will love the single mode sharp 488nm, amazing color that you'll perceive differently depending on it's surroundings, nice beam too especially with a G8 lens which is a long focal length single element, very efficient as well.

In my pic it looks light blue, but it actually has a teal-ish blue/green hue.

SANY3751.JPG

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
So good to see returning old members!

Welcome back to the LPF. I remember you and it has been awhile since last you posted. Glad to have you back. ;)

Thanks all. It's good to be back. I remember some of you. That 488 looks intense.

I do need to fix my current models and my friend out in California needs one fixed if anyone knows where to ask for either? I'd be super grateful for any pointers.

I took some photos of my 520nm 1.3W but they're not accessible currently. I'll be happy to upload some of the 60 or so beamshots I have taken over the time I've been away.