Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beamed a Huey chopper today

Xray

No not a real one, don't think the pilot would have appreciated it, and anyways there are not many flying these days, certainly none with Zuni rocket launching pods and .50 racks.
Picked up a 50mv greenie, pretty impressive beam, beats the hell out of the 5mv it replaced.

Attachments

• b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 122

Nice, i see the incense burning tho, nice try :p
And its called "Mw" which is milliwatt. Mv is millivolt.

You scared the $hit out of me for a second.  :p And yes, it's mW, not mV. It's also not MW, like Wes said, MW stands for megawatts. (the w in watts always need to be capitalized, along with volts (V), amps (A).
EDIT: ;D Volts are the stored energy, while watts are the output power, while amps are the current.
volts amps watts
power source (battery, AC, etc)-----through wire, amount of current flowing---------> energy produced

Xray said:
Volts, watts ,,, Watts the difference ?

The difference is like saying the cost is 30 cents or the cost is 30 english pounds.. I'm sure if I charged
you 30 pounds for a Popsicle you would not agree.

Measurements have a specific weight/name and if you don't use their correct names the values change..
Then you can't convey your message (or thoughts) correctly... and no one will understand what you are
specifically trying to say. :)

Xray

Guys ... It was a typo, then a joke, relax.
I thought the "watts the difference" would have made that clear, next time I'll use a smiley.

Wesdaman14 said:
Nice, i see the incense burning tho, nice try :p
And its called "Mw" which is milliwatt. Mv is millivolt.

M (capital) is mega. m (lower case) is mili

'MW' is megawatt, mW is miliwatt

EDIT: LRMNmeyer beat me to it :p

Switch

The difference is like saying the cost is 30 cents or the cost is 30 english pounds.. I'm sure if I charged
you 30 pounds for a Popsicle you would not agree.
Yea but cents and pounds are still currencies and can be converted from one into another with a multiplier(in a certain point in time at least). To calculate Watts from Volts you need to know the Amps too. :p