Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam visibility at night time

Markledlaserman

Hi all , what’s the most brightest and visible diode that money can buy? Something that is very bright and visible at night time. I have $300 to spend , what are your guys recommendations? Thanks. Mark

Abel

the brightest diode right now is the NDG 7475, it has a wavelength of 520 nm.
green is the brightest color, but i can see that you are new here so if i were you, i personally would start of with a not so strong laser for your new build, i am pretty new as well but i first did a lot of research before even trying to build a laser.

also you need laser goggles, because if you shine a laser above 500 mW at a shiny surface it can cause eye damge

Actually any laser over 5mw has the potential to cause eye damage, so don't think just because a laser looks weak that it can't do harm, remember to practice laser safety at all times, never point a laser towards a person, vehicle or window and wear laser safety glasses when appropriate. :)

A 520nm laser is very visible at night, but I really like the 505nm, they make a nice deep emerald green beam that's prettier than 520nm IMHO and you can get them for 100 bucks or so, check around or try the sponsor.

Last edited:

nmbusa

Hi all , what’s the most brightest and visible diode that money can buy? Something that is very bright and visible at night time. I have $300 to spend , what are your guys recommendations? Thanks. Mark
bright and most powerful 4ya nubm44

Commander J. Bloodmaker

Actually any laser over 5mw has the potential to cause eye damage, so don't think just because a laser looks weak that it can't do harm, remember to practice laser safety at all times, never point a laser towards a person, vehicle or window and wear laser safety glasses when appropriate. :)

A 520nm laser is very visible at night, but I really like the 505nm, they make a nice deep emerald green beam that's prettier than 520nm IMHO and you can get them for 100 bucks or so, check around or try the "RADIO EDIT"
I love the greens too. 532nm is really bright too, my fav is 510-515nm though. Cyan lasers are the bee's knee's too.

So many bright colors. 532nm, really bright green. I have a few of them. One is 50mw and it will leave a spot on a cloud 10 miles or more up. I have a few at 100mw-150mw, even brighter. My 500mw+ one is way bright, got to use glasses, that thing is dangerous. Slice through a paper or plastic bag like it wasn't even there. My light saber, or so I call it.

Now my 650nm orange/redish ones, all burn dark stuff, but not light stuff. No matter what mw. But they are pretty freaking bright after about 10mw or so.

If you want just raw power, then listen to the guys up above. The 44 is one wicked sister. I can break glass panes turning it up to high when using it to engrave. It will eat glass if you use the right coatings. It will blaze a dot further than your eye can see if you focus it right. Its not as bright as an equal power in other wavelengths, but there are no contenders. Its just freaking raw power. Which will mean your pen won't last as long. My 2w 445-450nm pens with two batteries only last about 20 mins before losing burn power. All my others run off one battery and last twice as long if not 4 times as long, plus they can run 100% duty over the 44. 44 makes A LOT of heat. Something to be aware of.