Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Beam visibility at night time

Markledlaserman

Hi all , what’s the most brightest and visible diode that money can buy? Something that is very bright and visible at night time. I have $300 to spend , what are your guys recommendations? Thanks. Mark

Abel

the brightest diode right now is the NDG 7475, it has a wavelength of 520 nm.
green is the brightest color, but i can see that you are new here so if i were you, i personally would start of with a not so strong laser for your new build, i am pretty new as well but i first did a lot of research before even trying to build a laser.

also you need laser goggles, because if you shine a laser above 500 mW at a shiny surface it can cause eye damge

RedCowboy

Actually any laser over 5mw has the potential to cause eye damage, so don't think just because a laser looks weak that it can't do harm, remember to practice laser safety at all times, never point a laser towards a person, vehicle or window and wear laser safety glasses when appropriate. :)

A 520nm laser is very visible at night, but I really like the 505nm, they make a nice deep emerald green beam that's prettier than 520nm IMHO and you can get them for 100 bucks or so, check around or try the sponsor.

Last edited:

nmbusa

Hi all , what’s the most brightest and visible diode that money can buy? Something that is very bright and visible at night time. I have $300 to spend , what are your guys recommendations? Thanks. Mark
bright and most powerful 4ya nubm44