Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

beam shine back into laser system...

has anyone ever heard of using like a mirror or a dichroic filter as in this post...

dsc01185hn5.jpg

shine back into the laser and cause problems????

Switch

That's completely imposible if the optic is placed at an angle.Maybe one laser shining into the other if you set it up wrong.

ben74

What Switch said. The dichro passes green so the rest of the green would be reflected to the left side of the pic and the same for red but around the other way.

Benm

ben74 said:
What Switch said. The dichro passes green so the rest of the green would be reflected to the left side of the pic and the same for red but around the other way.  

If you set it up properly, the unwanted transmission and reflection will also combine into a (much much weaker) yellow beam 90 degrees of the main beam. No laser should illuminate itself, or the other laser.

yes back reflection diectly back into the apeture of a laser can cause damage

IF it's a direct injection laser and IF it's already being driven high.

How'd you make that beam yellow? Really nice (yea sorry a noon question but seriously wanna know!) haha

daguin

tony70516 said:
How'd you make that beam yellow? Really nice (yea sorry a noon question but seriously wanna know!) haha

The little glass cube combines the green light and the red light (red=green=yellow)

Peace,
dave

yeah i got the color combinations. my RPL style green laser died when doing this, so i wondered if there was any connection. as always thanks dave and everyone else who helped shed some light on the matter. [smiley=beer.gif]

P.S. that's why im looking for a replacement IR diode for it (on another thread).