Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam of a 100mw 405nm

JamTKD

Hey guys. Just wondering if there is any danger in looking directly at the beam of a 100mw 405nm laser, or the impact point it makes on something.

Thanks!

AnthoT

Hey guys. Just wondering if there is any danger in looking directly at the beam of a 100mw 405nm laser, or the impact point it makes on something.

Thanks!

:eek: thats a joke right

its like stabbing your eye with a fork, would you do that?

Never look into a laser beam ever!

Last edited:
he may have meant just looking at the beam and spot. i hope so!!!
if so tho, yes you can look at the beam and spot of a 100mv 405 if outdoors open spaces without goggles. don't look at the spot up close.

JamTKD

ahahahaha I guess I worded that poorly... I mean if I shine the beam on something, can I look at the spot where it hits... not point it at my face!

If you shine it at a fluorescent surface like a sticky note or a hilighter it can be quite bright. If you are just looking at the beam you should be fine. However, you should get goggles for anything over 5mW.

Agreed. Get goggles. No two ways about it. How would you feel later in life saying "Well my vision ain't s'good. Why? Well I used to look at this dot of a laser. Then one day it bounced back on accident!"