Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam comparison

Re: 150mW vs 400mW beam

kind of surprised no1 corrected this thing. i was looking up 400 mw o-like lasers and came on to this page. light doesn't need 10x the power to have a double brightness. hahaha. i dunno about you guys, but i'm sure a 1kilo watt fluorescent bulb would be more than twice as bright as a 100 watt one (typical every day house light). i mean you have a double or tripple light hook up in your house and one of them dies... there's a significant loss of light and that's only a 33-50% lost. o_O

my dad does photography and i remember him telling me double the power means 1 step up in brightness. (assuming all things are equally efficient and the same color) not sure how to best explain it, but he showed me some pics.

not hating or judging anyone, just didn't want people who read this having wrong info. i doubt it takes 10 times the power to get twice as bright as in the every day example i mentioned. i could be wrong and 1 kilo watt is only 2x as bright as a 100 watt house light, but it doesn't make sense to me at least.

Emc2

Re: 150mW vs 400mW beam

Hey dude here is a video I took of exactly that. I did not use any smoke of any kind just a clean room during the day. It may not look impressive in this video but it is. My +150mW came from Optotronics.

Here is anoter video of the RPL-425 with a match for smoke.

Last edited: