Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam and dot problem: Beam expands, dot is as big as my hand after 30

DTR

Yep you have definitely gotten something on the diode window. Don't turn it on again until you can clean it. Get a qtip and some alcohol and very gently rub on the window and see if that can clean up your output.:beer:

It may be too late if you have run it for a while like that. The debris may have burned into the window.:(

Last edited:

hoo7h

I cleaned and I got the same results :(

What should I do ?

Did you check the diode window? Could you see anything on the window? If you could take a better macro photo maybe someone can see whats wrong...:beer:

hoo7h

I cant see no dirt to be honest, its very clear.

I will look for my camera, but I am sure no one will notice anything, its clean.

I think I know the issue. I had the same thing happen to my M140 when using a G2. The issue was that without realizing it my buddy turned the lens down a little further trying to change the focus and hit the diode window with the lens. The window had the tiniest fracture right in the middle and almost couldn't be seen but it completely jacked the beam. My spot did the identical thing. The only way to fix it is to have someone remove your diode window. Its dangerous for your diode and opens it up to potential debris getting inside if you remove the lens but its the only fix. I give it about a 95% chance that is your issue since all the things you mentioned match what happened to me exactly. This is especially since you noticed you still possess burn power which to me proves that it isn't LEDing on you and that it is in fact a window issue.

When I had my window issue I sent my laser to yobresal for him to remove it. I'm sure he would be willing to remove the window for a small charge if you were to send it to him. After he cut out the window the laser works like new. Granted the diode looks a little gnarled from the surgery but it works just the same.