Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam and Dot Photos

Radim

Lol, you would make a lot of money if you invented some. :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Ha, take a pair of eyes from an unsuspecting individual with 20/20 vision and work out a way of feeding them energy and retrieving the data. Organic cameras anyone? :thinking: :D

Radim

I'm affraid you need to get the brain of that individual as well, eyes are not nearly perfect, you need to process the image. :D

Last edited:

Radim

What settings did you tried? Looks like you tried aperture and shutter speed - time. The best is to use RAW or in case of JPG you need to balance white (hard to catch on camera display when lasers are used - experimenting is needed), you can also adjust exposure (EV) a bit to get brighter beam if you like to see dust particles and therefore need a short time. But really best is to leave post processing for computer time - therefore RAW.
Depends what you want to achieve.

As Oliver mentioned, try, try, try... You will get better soon if you learn and think about your shots. Hopefully I'll go for laser painting tonight, there was bad weather last weekend and whole week here. So, I'll also learn. :D

For night and beam shots I recomend to get DSLR camera with 35mm - 50mm f/2.0 lens (or even bigger aperture > smaller f-number).

I'm using 7 years old Panasonic lumix DMC TZ7 atm...
(OK, I have "hacked" the camera firmware to get every bit of it..)

I really need to update my camera soonish :D

For night and beam shots I recomend to get DSLR camera with 35mm - 50mm f/2.0 lens (or even bigger aperture > smaller f-number).

I'm using 7 years old Panasonic lumix DMC TZ7 atm...
(OK, I have "hacked" the camera firmware to get every bit of it..)

I really need to update my camera soonish :D
How did you hack it and what did you change in the firmware ?

Mostly changed chip exposure settings. Can't remember all, I did it 4-5 years ago and spent 100-200 hours for getting it work. All that because I didn't have afford for 3000€ DSLR camera.. Not worth of it.

Just use Google if you are REALLY interest of topic: Ptool Panasonic firmware.