Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bdr-s03???

Morgan

Hi All,

I was sent this picture from my preferred supplier in China. It's claimed to be a BDR-S03 sled and from the pictures I have seen it looks awfully similar but maybe I'm missing some nuance.

If anyone can confirm, or deny its identity I'd be grateful as I will know what I'm dealing with.

Many thanks,

M
:yh:

Attachments

• BDR-S03 Sled.jpg
    BDR-S03 Sled.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 242

daguin

Hi All,
I was sent this picture from my preferred supplier in China. It's claimed to be a BDR-S03 sled and from the pictures I have seen it looks awfully similar but maybe I'm missing some nuance.
If anyone can confirm, or deny its identity I'd be grateful as I will know what I'm dealing with.
Many thanks,
M
:yh:

You really need to read more.

First, you need a picture of BOTH sides of the sled

Second, the BDR series of 8X burners does NOT have the copper heat sinks you see sticking out on the sides of this sled.

Third, if it is the same sled that was sold as a BDR-S03 SLED on the forum before, they are NOT from a Pioneer BDR-S03 burner

Fourth, they are NOT 8X sleds. For now, Get a GGW (or even a 210) from one of the sellers here to get something in the same price range. If you want 8X power, you have to buy an 8X burner drive and harvest the diode

Peace,
dave

Morgan

Thanks Dave, thought you may be the guy to put me straight, :eek:, but I did do some reading.

I found your thread, (and others), with info such as these might just be 2x... Missed the copper heatsink bit... but that's why I asked.

It's not being sold on this site, (as far as I'm aware), so I don't know if it's the same or not. I wouldn't be surprised to find the pic was actually taken by a member here after what you told me recently though!

GGWs are on their way. I just wanted some expert opinion. I hadn't been looking for 8x, the offer just came in an email. At some point we are expecting 8x burners to be available as just sleds so it may have been a new lead. Unfortunately not to be on this occasion.

I now know what I'm dealing with. Many thanks.

Regards,

M
:)

daguin

. I hadn't been looking for 8x, the offer just came in an email. At some point we are expecting 8x burners to be available as just sleds so it may have been a new lead. Unfortunately not to be on this occasion.
Regards,

M

It is simple economics. As long as they are using the sleds for the manufacturing runs, they will NOT be available as stand alone sleds.

The evidence in the Pioneer at least is that they are using the same sleds (and maybe the same diodes) for the 12X's as well. If they are using them, they are not selling them.

Peace,
dave

Morgan

It is simple economics. As long as they are using the sleds for the manufacturing runs, they will NOT be available as stand alone sleds.

That makes total sense. It'll be a little while yet then.

Looking forward to more of your test results regards the x12 too. Interesting debate as to whether they are the same x8s or not... I'll keep an eye on that one for definitive answers.

Back to waiting for my GGWs...

M