Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BBO crystal alternative

BBO crystals allows for the production of entangled photons via Spontaneous parametric down-conversion. There transmission range is 200 nanometres to beyond 3 micrometres. They are however not cheap. I was wondering if anyone knew of an alternative to the BBO crystal for this application? THanks

Last edited:

It is also non linear but KTP is also used for the same thing and is cheaper than BBO ;)

Last edited:
WOW, That was a fast response time. Thanks for the info. Yes, Ktp crystals are much less expensive, Thanks. I'm going to ask another question that will display my ignorance on the subject. why do so many people use BBO crystals instead of KTO crystals? Is it because of the nm range? I will look it up myself, but thought I would save some time and just ask.

Probably because the efficiencies of BBO at the frequencies in question(which i'm assuming you mean blue) are going to be higher than with KTP.

Last edited:

LSRFAQ

You need to download SNLO. Its software for evaluating non linear crystals. It has a bunch of existing materials modeled.

Steve

Hey, you said BBO crystal is expensive. It's because you get them from the trading company but not the real manufacturer. Ultra Photonics Inc is a professional manufacturer for BBO and LBO crystals, we can offer you these crystals with high quality and low price. Hope this can help you :)

Gilbert Zhou
Vice General Manager
Ultra Photonics Inc
*************************************************************************************
No.758, Qi'an Road, Fuwan Industrial District, Fuzhou, Fujian 350100, China
Tel:+86-591-83589325
Fax:+86-591-83448303
Cell:+86-13124011757
Web: ??????????
Main products: Glan laser polarizer( Calcite or a-BBO ), Wave plates, Optics and NLO crystals( BBO, LBO, KTP, KTA, Nd:YVO4, Diffusion bonding crystals )