Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery question

Is it good to take the batteries out of my lasers when they are not in use? I usually take them out and put them in a small case that I throw in my bag, and I was wondering if this was good or bad for my lasers. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
parks35

If your going to bed and will wake up tomorrow you don't have to in fact you will just wear out the threads on the laser but if you are gonna go on a trip for a few weeks or you buy a better laser and do t plan to use that one for a while you should take them out . Certainly if its gonna sit for a month or more yes

Also if you have kids over and don't have a safety key for a strong laser it essentially takes the ammo out of the laser

Last edited:

djQUAN

That's a good habit. Prevents accidental activation of the laser when inside the bag or pocket.

i always take my batteries out if they arent being used. also batteries can leak, causing problems. remember, ultrafire, etc.... arent high grade batteries so if they did malfunction in your laser, its good as gone

Hi!

I`m also taking out the batteries when my laser is not in use! Main reasons are the two little girlies from my girlfriend!

I think they wouldn`t touch it, but you can never know/trust what comes to a childrens mind!

Cheers brunes01

Last edited:

norbyx

I take the batteries out most of the time. First I know that if put in a small box the batteries will not drain (at least not fast), and second I feel safer (no accidental turn on and blown diodes).

It really depends upon your laser's design.
If its one of those poopy clicky switches . You'll really want to take out the batteries.
If its one of those lasers with key switches or any sort of safety mechanism, you don't really have to .
Yet, if it gives you a peace of mind when you DO take out the battery, there isn't really a reason to say no beside from increased wear and tear on the threads .

I do not keep the batteries in my lasers... Its a Great safety plan and I sleep better knowing my Li-Ions aren't going to blow up :p I also keep my lasers in a case with silicon packets to pull moisture from the lenses so that Evil mold does not grow on the AR coatings...

you just use the ones that come in shoe boxes or what not? If you have a source for them then please share

You can get 20 packs of 1 to 3 gram cotton silica gel packs from Amazon for $5 to $7.

I actually have to take Prilosec every day for heart burn/ acid reflex...
I steal the ones out of there and I have not seen any more spots on my lenses, since I started using them...
My lasers are in a box, in a drawer... The box has the packets in it...

I take Prilosec every day too. What does that have to do with silicon packets?
Do you eat them?

I take Prilosec every day too. What does that have to do with silicon packets?
Do you eat them?

To answer your question read this again

I do not keep the batteries in my lasers... Its a Great safety plan and I sleep better knowing my Li-Ions aren't going to blow up :p I also keep my lasers in a case with silicon packets to pull moisture from the lenses so that Evil mold does not grow on the AR coatings...