Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

battery memory

Gazoo

BlueFusion said:
No rechargeables are good in a laser, usually because the laser driver board needs more than 2.6V (from 2x 1.25V NiMH), rather the 3V from 2x 1.5V alkalines.
Well, no rechargeables are as good as alks or liths.

Alternative - I have a battery charger called the ReZap Battery Doctor which is capable of safely charging alkaline and other nonrechargeable batteries! Works, too, go buy one :p

Blu...you are missing a lot of posts here where we have discussed this at length. Here is one thread for example:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1196628709

Now I will agree it depends on the driver. However I tested E2 Lithiums, Nimh, and alkaline batteries in my X105 and graphed it with my LPM-1. There was no noticeable difference. I have replaced all the batteries I can with eneloops. I use them in my Nova all the time with zero problems. I hate alkaline batteries...they have leaked on me for no reason and they sag quickly with higher currents.

I finaly got it, it has 71 average anddddd 89 peak!, the peak is so much higher you can almost tell when it hits it peak by looking at it. Also i got a true 5 and guess what, it pops baloons within 5 sec talk about overpowered ;D. The nova laser does have a line in it after its been sitting for 30 min or so but once i turn it on and the insides start to get slightly warm it goes away and stays gone for 30 min even it i leave it off.

Those dewalt goggles work awsome too, they have high vtl and block so much light you have to try hard to spot the extremely dim orange dot, i recall somone saying 3d glasses blcok the green well compered to those goggles they let thru like 5 times as much.

..lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Gazoo

I hope you are happy with it. Your True 5 is overpowered or they send you something else. Regarding the Nova, can you take a picture of the line? And do not rely on anything other than the Nova goggles for eye protection. ;)

The lines all gone know musta just needed to get broke in now it wont come up no matter how i try, its a perfect circle. I did just mess up the true 5 tho, i tried to clean it with the other side of the lens pen, the bristles and now it has a line from that, was trying to take the top off to use the right side to get it all clean but it wont come of, might just cut the lenspen smaller so it will go in..

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D