Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery Issues!

You want to post over in the GB thread so its all in one place, easier to keep track of for me. That would be great. Also I have to send all the buyers info to Casa so they can send you an invoice for payment. Can you send me a PM with:

Your name
Address
Paypal email address
phone number
unit you are buying (CTL-HM 600mW)

I am going to be sending all the buyers info over to Casa mid week. I'm still waiting on 3-4 buyers info and one buyer doesnt know if he can buy one until the 15th so the info wouldnt be sent until the 15th/16th at the latest

UPDATE/EDIT
HAHA okay so kinda re-read that whole string of questions and realized you may have meant you want the info for the 600mW unit. Its a Casa CTL-HM and the manual is uploaded on the third page of that thread if you want to take a look at it. If you are interested in buying one then you can post in the GB thread that you are taking a CTL-HM 600mW projector and then PM me the info above so I can get you added to the master order list :beer:

It is my son's order and he wants to go ahead with it. He is a stubborn teenager and thinks he know more than most adults!

I am still waiting to get return authorization for my laser. I will give him the weekend and then if I don't hear from him I will lodge a complaint.

Well hope for your sons sake that he has better luck than you. The reviews alone would have been enough for me to cancel it

I'm going to order another laser from laserbtb for myself. I hope I have better luck with them.

You will get a nicely overspec laser that you can brag to your son about ;)

To be honnest I forget but if you use DHL as the shipping then it will arrive in under a week. DHL pushes their packages through fast and most of the time they don't even go through customs, DHL inspects the box, no rips, okay good to go and they ship it. As long as its not a bomb they don't care lol

Just had a thought. If I send you my laser that does not work will you be able to repair it?

Last edited:
Nope, those things are glued together pretty well. I have no idea what module they used, how it is secured in there, length, etc......Most of these cheap lasers, especially the 532nm, are not meant to be repaired. They are modules and no two modules are the same (not true but you get the idea).

If it was a diode based laser then yes, it could be repaired (if it used a 12mm module to hold it). Even then it might not be possible, depends on the driver condition, space, etc....

Those lasers are basically disposable lasers. LaserBtb is far superior in quality and will last you many many years when handled properly but even those, when they die, they get tossed out.

I bought a cheap dead LaserBtb 405nm laser to see if I could open it and replace the diode, but I have YET to get it opened. I bought it over 3 months ago and its been a pain in the arse! The lasers finish is DESTROYED and it still wont open!

My laser is a green 532 for $70 so I don't think it is a diode laser. I've been looking at the laserbtb site and am wondering what a pulsed laser is.

pulsed = quick flashing/strobe

Your laser is a 532nm, it will never need a diode since they don't use diodes (well they do but its self contained in the module and you don't ever replace the diode, its a full module swap if anything)

Diode lasers= 405, 445, 450, 515, 520, 635, 650, 660, 808 and a few more that are crazy expensive

Last edited: