Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery Brands

So... Which brand of batteries do you prefer to go with you lasers/flashlights/whatever electronics?
try to give a reason why you choose that particular brand, and also a reason for why you wont use any particular brand

Me?- i choose tesco for its price and energizer for reliability.

if you choose other, please post the brand ::)

For around the house items i mainly use Duracell, but sometimes Energizer, i guess i should have only checked the Duracell box but o well. for lasers i always use DX batteries, preferably UltraFire.

I enjoy eneloops, even though eneloop isn't a brand, the company that makes them is Sanyo.

Razako

Energizer and Duracell are my favorite local brands and ultrafire/trustfire are my favorite DX brands.

freshert said:
[quote author=PEZ link=1214144920/0#6 date=1214673821]Energizer cause the bunny is cool  :cool:
Duracell has the bunny...[/quote]
here in the US it does not. though i have heard that before about a duracell bunny in other countries. it should be trademarked by energizer though so how do they get away with it?

Chad

I prefer either Eneloops or e[sup]2[/sup]s... depending on what I use them for.

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=freshert link=1214144920/0#7 date=1219834336][quote author=PEZ link=1214144920/0#6 date=1214673821]Energizer cause the bunny is cool  :cool:
Duracell has the bunny...[/quote]
here in the US it does not. though i have heard that before about a duracell bunny in other countries. it should be trademarked by energizer though so how do they get away with it?[/quote]
Here's the Australian Duracell site, you can see the bunny :p http://www.duracell.com.au/pages/

Gazoo

I use eneloops in everything I possibly can. They are durable, rechargeable, and hold a charge for a long time. I recently did a test on some eneloop AA's and AAA's I ordered TWO years ago, and intentionally left them sealed in the package knowing I would want to test them two years after their manufacture date.. I used my Maha charger to do the testing which shows the capacity of the battery if using the discharge mode.

The AA's had about 1400ma's of capacity and the AAA's has about 600ma's of capacity. This is simply awesome for NIMH batteries that have sat for two years, and probably were not fully charged when they left the factory.