Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batteries and Chargers

Hi guys :)
What batteries and which charger do you use for your lasers?
Which battery brand is the best and which charger do you think is the best?
How do you use your charger? (leave it charging while not home?)
How long do your batteries last using your laser?

Thanks to everybody :)

I have a basic charger but I like the green and black or gray and black NCR18650B Li-Ion MH12210 at 3.7V 3400mAh

Pman

I would NEVER leave batteries charging while not at home. Personally I move the chargers to where at. Refuse to trust them as Lithiums are no joke for a fire hazard.
Recommend the Nitecore D4 and then get an Opus bct-3400 v2 for testing and cycling. Just look at my sig.
Lots of good batteries now. Check out that section as there's a ton of information there. In general AW-IMR, Sanyo, Panasonic, Efest, Nitecore, Samsung off the top of my head.
Bottom line is do yourself a favor and look at the information that's already been provided. The more you help yourself, the more others will be willing to help you;)
Impossible to answer how long a battery will last with a laser without knowing the battery true capacity and the amp draw of the particular unit. I have units that draw from 10mA to 3.5A.

Last edited:
I would NEVER leave batteries charging while not at home. Personally I move the chargers to where at. Refuse to trust them as Lithiums are no joke for a fire hazard.
Recommend the Nitecore D4 and then get an Opus bct-3400 v2 for testing and cycling. Just look at my sig.
Lots of good batteries now. Check out that section as there's a ton of information there. In general AW-IMR, Sanyo, Panasonic, Efest, Nitecore, Samsung off the top of my head.
Bottom line is do yourself a favor and look at the information that's already been provided. The more you help yourself, the more others will be willing to help you;)
Impossible to answer how long a battery will last with a laser without knowing the battery true capacity and the amp draw of the particular unit. I have units that draw from 10mA to 3.5A.
Sorry I didn't mention it on the opening post. I have already bought a charger: Efest LUC BLU6 intelligent Bluetooth charger
and batteries 4xEfest IMR 16340 700mah rechargeable 3.7V

At 16340s there are no threads saying what brands have those available. So I was looking for Samsung, energizer and sony in vain. Only Ultrafire I could find at least on ebay...I didn't know the brand "Efest"
As for the charger only Nitecore is recommended on the sticky threads.

I just would like to know what other members use and how. I also never leave batteries charging when not home. Now I have this charger on the way I wonder if I can trust it better....
Any feedback on that charger?

Last edited:

Hi P,
Well said now I don't have to post lol!!

Rich:)

Don't use Ultrafire, Trustfire, or any other type of -fire, that's what you'll get.
They're dangerous, just do a search and you'll see what can happen.
When I opened my 18650s, they were fake and part filled with some sort of white powder. :confused:
Edit: found the thread, my post is #96: http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/w...trafire-after-seeing-87108-2.html#post1325099

Get the AW16340s.

A great charger that I love to use and recommend is the Nitecore D4, like Pman said.

Also the batteries he mentions. :beer:

:yh:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Vasilas, if you are still looking for more batteries, particularly AW16340's, I just found a site that has their AW16340's on sale for a great price ($3.99) for 2 batteries! :D
The site is "Vaporkings", and they claim that their AW's are authentic.

Pman

Even I ordered 3 pair of those ^ for cheap. There's also a 10% off coupon code for that site.
Vk10rocks

Thank you guys!
Thanks Pman for the discount code!
When I already ordered 4x Efest 700ma I didn't know the AWs. I only knew Ultrafire and Trustfire, I hope Efest are good. I liked the Efest website and I also bought their 6xbatteries smart charging station with the led display and the Bluetooth feature. What I didn't notice is that this charger is not compatible with AA & AAA so I thought I had the solution to charge many batteries at once. It seems now I will only use the charger for the 16340s at this point. I hope the 2 pairs of 16340 to sufficient for 2 lasers or else I will have to buy spares :D

Last edited: