Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Banned from LC, what should I do?

So I made an account at LC and asked about the Wicked Lasers Torch flashlight and if it was dangerous to look into it because if it can set stuff on fire im sure it would be harmful to your vision and since they provide no info on safe use of the thing I thought I would ask about it and maybe the range a person should be at before they would look at the flashlight, I also asked about the review various other sites made on the flashlight and why the bulb/wires/batteries messed up. Everything I had posted followed every single rule to the letter, are you saying I am not allowed to ask you about a problem? I am your damn future costumer and maybe if you actually answered my questions I would have bought the thing, now im totally pissed off and im going to Polarion and even if its 2000 instead of 300 I don't care at least il be getting good service, im the kind of guy who would sue you for snatching me 2 bucks in change at Bugger King.

I am currently contemplating if I should just let this one go or do something about it.

deebix

I like you, was also a computer programmer and a security supervisor for an intelligence firm based in modesto california. I read your posts on their forum and was in favor of you until I just read this post. I would actually ban you from this board as well granted your solicitation of threats for cyberattacks. LC may be in the wrong but now your starting to appear like some kid 'who plays with lasers'. Further more, if i was wickedlasers, I would take a snapshot of your post on here, if they havent already, and store it for prosecution of cyber crime. Don't be surprised if the federal govt has a word with you pal... they did with me a while back.

I highly doubt anything could be done at all. Just leave LC alone, its not worth getting mad at.

Razako

LC is basically dead and attacking them isn't worth the time. That worthless forum gets 1-2new posts per day.

Ace82

Well, if you were to crash their site, it would be another "small" endeavor (in lieu of a "big" one), so you probably wouldn't find much satisfaction in it. However, I love your mentality and I would follow you to battle if you choose that route!

I came to the conclusion that LC bans anybody who knows anything about lasers or has a good head on their shoulder since those type of people can't be fooled from WL gig. You are a threat of exploiting the truth they don't want their customers to know.

Well, those are just my thoughts.

Peace - Ace

Switch

Dude, if you were serious about anything you wouldn't make it public on a forum ::) I did some months of reasearch on exploiting , and had a background in programing since before then.It's all worthless now , 3 years later. :p

Polarion is $2000 for a reason.

First off, @ the reply right under my main post. This is a forum and even if its called "laserpointerforums" you can talk about anything you want over here, if your post does not break the general rule of the forum provider of not using racial slurs ect, so in a court of law you could say you were practicing drama or something and its up to the actual administrators of the site to ban anybody they think is off topic, same thing on how WL can legally ban anybody even if they did not break the forum providers rules, its up to their administrators.

Now on the weapon of choice, DOS or also know as denial of service attack, an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended user. Basically you create a program that will spam billions of useless information packets to their server until it crashes, basically an overload. Its simple to do an cant be tracked very easily unless its constantly happening (it would be a one time thing), only thing you need is a large high speed internet source with lots of bandwidth something that a community library would have and since all their network is interconnected you infect one and its on all of theme within seconds and then the attack starts.

Still contemplating. I do think it could be a big waste of my time because I knew that I might end up with an answer like that before I joined since I heard what many people here said about theme but I cant stand it that people are constantly being riped off and nobody seems to do anything about it. Maybe I should just hope for some after shocks on that earth quake but this time right bang on the WL factory and head office.

Ace82

Switch said:
Dude, if you were serious about anything you wouldn't make it public on a forum ::) I did some months of reasearch on exploiting , and had a background in programing since before then.It's all worthless now , 3 years later. :p

Polarion is $2000 for a reason.

That was my first thought, but heck, what you gona do? ;D

What is "Polarion"?

Switch

I think it would be very obvious who DoS'd you from the server logs ::) Depending on what logs they keep of course.As you said, you need huge bandwidth, so using proxies is out of the question.

Your post here, is not conclusive proof that you're guilty, but despite the fact that you would say you were practicing drama, I bet it wouldn't look good in court.
But don't get me wrong.I'm all for screwing with WL as long as I don't get in trouble or break any laws ;D

Polarion: http://www.polarion-store.com/pd_helios.cfm The flashlight that's brighter than the brightest flashlight in the world which is "The Torch".

DoS would be ineffective. A large DDoS might do something.

DoS is very much traceable, but with a DDoS tracing it is impractical because its coming from so many sources.

Its a waste of time.