Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bank error got me a free laser?

So recently I ordered a 55mw viper green laser from dragon lasers for a total of $127 including shipping. The first time I tried to place the order the bank declined it and wanted verification, so I did and then reordered. It then appeared that dragon lasers gave me $127 before taking out $127 two times(so I ended up paying $127). The laser has shipped out as normal, everything was fine until the next day I checked to see my funds and surprised that I have my money back, not only that but the three logged transactions disappeared like the order may have never existed. So now I'm left with a laser arriving at my doorstep tomorrow and have the same amount of money I started with. Did I just get a free laser?

Personally id phone the bank and tell them what happened and the same with DL. Personally I'd have no problem with paying the money. Why? For two reasons, first and foremost is I wouldn't be able to settle knowing I essentially got an item for free when I should have paid. And secondly, situations like this often find a way of resolving themselves way down the line. I think a company can take a payment up to like half a year after an order is placed from the credit card. So the funds may appear to have gone nowhere now, but you could find them legitimately disappearing off your card a few months down the line and leaving you up shit creek financially.

Be honest and pay now. Talk to the companies in question and clear it up.

oahu99

Maybe, but you should send dragon lasers an email.
IMO the right thing to do is to let them know about it and see if they would like you to pay for it.
Chances are they will give it to you free, but on the off chance they want you to pay you should contact them.
That is what I would do, but congrats if you do get it for free!
Take it easy

EDIT: was typing my response when you posted yours!
Totally agree trencheel

Last edited:
For all I know, DL messed up. I emailed them and I'm waiting for a reply, I really don't mind that I pay for it because it's what I intended to do anyways.

Ofc you should pay for what you got.. otherwise you are a crook only..

Tis good to see that LPF has a bunch of honest people here, after all if you make a mistake wouldn't you want to be treated fairly?

I have a 75mW viper from DL that I bought in 2009. Still works as good as the day I got it :yh: