Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Banggood - LT-850 405nm - 5mW

diachi

Banggood sent me this pointer a while back so that I could write a review for them, finally getting around to doing it.

You can purchase this laser HERE.

These are nice little lasers, you can't go wrong for $9!

Size

Fairly small form factor with a tail click switch (I'm a fan of tail switches!). They take a single 16340/CR123A.

Dimensions and comparison with my 303.

h8LHmBJ.jpg

ZMIuRIP.jpg

TbK0oiX.jpg

Beam

I was fairly impressed by the divergence and beam quality. The dot was <5mm at 14ft IIRC. A half decent beam is to be expected with a fairly low power 405nm.

Quality

The quality seems reasonable, the threads are decent, the clicky switch feels decent and the anodizing looks decent. All in all, not bad for the price!

Power output

As with most cheap pointers from China the power output from this unit is far more than the stated 5mW, this one peaked at 80mW towards the end of a 2 minute run. Very stable too!

9ccc5ce2-eedb-4a33-9bdf-8e616327adc2
e3CgFbS.png

Summary

Overall a good little pointer for the price, a good choice if you want a fairly low power, small form factor pointer with a tail clicky for only $9. I'll post some beam pictures/measurements soon.

I've also got the 532nm version (purchased that one) and I say much the same about that. Good power, good price, good beam quality, overall a nice pointer.

There'll be another Banggood review from me soon. Waiting for a 24MHz dual channel digital signal generator (>>LINK<<) that I bought from them a couple of weeks ago and I'll be reviewing that once it shows up. :beer:

Hope you all enjoyed the review. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Last edited:

Nice! Seems like these cheap pointers are getting better and better quality wise by the day!

Nice review! :)

-Alex

Reactions: GSS

Encap

Nice mini review.

Is an OK laser for $9 if it actually works at all and this one worked well .

Last edited:

diachi

Nice! Seems like these cheap pointers are getting better and better quality wise by the day!

Nice review! :)

-Alex

For sure! I remember paying $30 or so (IIRC) for something similar when I first got into the hobby.

I forgot to mention, but these are very similar to the old Romisen 30mW 532nm pointers that DX used to sell. If anyone remembers those! They are constructed a little differently, but in terms of size and design they are really quite similar.

Thanks Hap! :beer:

Nice mini review.

Is an OK laser for $9 if it actually works at all and this worked well .

Thanks! :beer: Wasn't a whole lot to say about this, otherwise it'd have been longer. If anyone wants me to add anything (other than beam shots/beam measurements!), please feel free to ask!

Yup, for $9 I'd certainly buy another. If they were available in 650nm or 445nm I'd pick those up to match the 405nm and 532nm I already have. Potentially good gifts to sensible family members/friends too. They're the sort of laser I'd buy for my old man.

Last edited:
Yup, for $9 I'd certainly buy another. If they were available in 650nm or 445nm I'd pick those up to match the 405nm and 532nm I already have. Potentially good gifts to sensible family members/friends too. They're the sort of laser I'd buy for my old man.

nice review,+rep :)
there is actually a 650nm edition with that host on ebay but looks quiet cheaper,i would't surpized if those don't even have a standard 5.6mm diode and use the other cheaper 'up to 5mw' diodes with the resistor on ebay

Professional Red Light Laser Pointer Pen 5mW 650NM Burning Match Visible Beam | eBay

Last edited:

diachi

nice review,+rep :)
there is actually a 650nm edition with that host on ebay but looks quiet cheaper,i would't surpized if those don't even have a standard 5.6mm diode and use the other cheaper 'up to 5mw' diodes with the resistor on ebay

Professional Red Light Laser Pointer Pen 5mW 650NM Burning Match Visible Beam | eBay

Thanks! :beer:

I'd bet it does have a 5.6mm diode. You usually only see those laser diode dies mounted on plastic in cheap cat toys and some old CD drives.

It's impressive how cheaply these things can be made and sold for these days. $3.50 and they're probably still making a profit on that!

Last edited:
I've had both of them in the past .... they are just toys just save the host and that's enough!
The classic four-piece chinese! the 303 is much better instead!
But in expert hands, something powerful can come out!
I did not think they existed yet
IMO​

Nice Review of a small Laser...
I'd rather have this to show the kids that
come to the shop than my higher powered
Lasers...

BTW... What did you use to test the Power ?

Jerry

diachi

Nice Review of a small Laser...
I'd rather have this to show the kids that
come to the shop than my higher powered
Lasers...

BTW... What did you use to test the Power ?

Jerry

Thanks! Yeah, they'd be good for that sort of thing, relatively safe and you don't need to worry if they get broken.

My LaserBee 2.5W USB of course! :p

Thanks! Yeah, they'd be good for that sort of thing, relatively safe and you don't need to worry if they get broken.

My LaserBee 2.5W USB of course! :p
Wasn't sure... Didn't recognize the graph...

Jerry

i have a few pointers that I did reviews for gearsbest and they were alright for the price. Wish I had a lpm to test them but oh well. But ya the cheap ones are getting better I think