Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bad news for U.S Dealextreme fans..

I just made an order a few days ago including.. three 5mW laser's and a 100mW laser module. After hearing from a few people that my order may not go through, I felt it was necessary to contact the support. They said that chances are that they will not even ship it out and will have to cancel my order. They also said that U.S customs will most likely confiscate the 5mW's just because its almost over the 5mW FDA limit. They did not say this because of the 100mW module, so for any of you that were going to say, they would confiscate it just because there's the possibility of me putting the module in one of the laser skeletons. I guess they are really cracking down now. So for all of you that live in Europe. YOUR VERY LUCKY. :lasergun:

Fenzir

Yeah, they have a disclaimer for US customers.... right on DX...

ARG

This is why i'm proud to be Canadian. :crackup:

Last edited:

Helios

We cant get lasers from DX but I am still proud to be an American where at least I know i'm free

"Its about money not freedom...you think your free? Try going anywhere without money." - Bill Hicks

Its a nifty notion but our government can tap our phones, hold us indefinitely without trial, and every year there are less things you can legally do. I am not saying that I know a better system I am just saying we need to rephrase this whole "Land of the Free".

Last edited:
"Its about money not freedom...you think your free? Try going anywhere without money." - Bill Hicks

Lets just agree that it's about freedom and money.

Any with that, i'm proud to be an American

Helios

On topic: The good news is that there are much better suppliers of lasers than DX. I have never even bought a laser from DX because as far as I have seen they have no guarantee what so ever of the laser specs. If you are looking for bargain lasers your best bet is to be patient and when the right deal presents its self take advantage of it. I got 150+mW of 532nm (160+ if you include IR) for under $30 with shipping recently...try getting that from DX. Just keep your eyes open and look for the deals in review posts on the forum.

^^^^this is for 532nm if you want any other common diode just build it yourself and you will save big bucks and get much better results.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't have a Paypal account, so unfortunately i am limited to what i would be able to get the great deals on the forum. :cryyy:

Helios

Yeah, I don't have a Paypal account, so unfortunately i am limited to what i would be able to get the great deals on the forum. :cryyy:

You dont need a paypal account to use paypal. Just go to paypal.com and click send money. Fill out the needed info and put in what ever credit/debit card you use with DX and viola no more chinese crap.

Helios

lol True that. I have a question, How do you get your reputation up? :)

Dont think about it - That is literally how. Some people make a post and expect rep points and then get mad when they dont get them. In the end you will inevitably not get rep for some very good helpful posts and you will get rep for making some simple pointless comments...it all evens out. If you want to increase your chances make sure all your posts are accurate and informational, try to be helpful, post things you find that others dont know (lots of time everyone else will already know :crackup:), and only make a thread for something of some substance (no questions that have already been asked, or pointless statements etc)

EDIT: Keep your emotions out of posts. People who get mad or lash out tend to be forcefully removed from this forum.

Last edited:
Well I just approved your rep :twak: I appreciate your help very much. Since i'm just beginning to learn about laser's, i don't see myself knowing much more then some people on here, unless they are just starting out, then i would know a little bit. I have watched so many YouTube video's and read so many things on the web its crazy. It almost seem's, like... I have... no life. Which is correct. :drunk:

Helios

Also know that you need a certain amount of posts before your rep will show up. (I think 50) and if you want to look into your reputation click on your own name and then click on the last tab that says "reputation". I threw some your way since you asked *how to get* rep and not *for* rep.