Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Back from 2014...man prices have changed

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I asked Sanwu increase output of my 488 nm to 80-100mW, it's can change wavelength right? Gonna be like 492 nm?
There’s no guarantee to get that wavelength due to diode variations but yes you can shift the wavelength up by increasing the current.
They provide both wavelengths though right? That’s essentially what they are doing in both pocket lasers.

Im Greek

There’s no guarantee to get that wavelength due to diode variations but yes you can shift the wavelength up by increasing the current.
They provide both wavelengths though right? That’s essentially what they are doing in both pocket lasers.
Yes, it's right, hope that wavelength doesn't change, need to asking Podo will it change or not. What batteries provide real miliampers, because i can't find Sony, Panasonic, Sanyo, Nitecore wich said in recommendation?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Temperature can alter the wavelength by +/- 1nm I have found with those diodes.
My 488 is 487-489nm and my 493 is 492-494nm.

Not sure if you can't find any from those companies. I usually get Sanyo or Xtar myself.

Im Greek

Temperature can alter the wavelength by +/- 1nm I have found with those diodes.
My 488 is 487-489nm and my 493 is 492-494nm.

Not sure if you can't find any from those companies. I usually get Sanyo or Xtar myself.
Thank you, 10440 battery of this company's really not found on ebay, amazon , aliexpress only cheap chinese batteries. This size is a problem. I will try to find Xtar

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you, 10440 battery of this company's really not found on ebay, amazon , aliexpress only cheap chinese batteries. This size is a problem. I will try to find Xtar
Getting a good quality 18650 or 26650 is hard now too. I just looked for myself. You want a protected cell if you can, not just for the lasers safety but for your own.

Last edited:

Im Greek

Getting a good quality 18650 or 26650 is hard now too. I just looked for myself. You want a protected cell if you can, not just for the lasers safety but for your own.
Thank you, Robbiton 10440 is a protected, i will buy him, 18650 and larger maybe Nitecore will be
easier to find