Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Back after a long absence

Hello all, I would just like to say Hey! How is everyone?

I've been busy going through a 'divorce' after 7 years of being with my girl, and have been off all the forums I am on, for quite a while. I waned to reintroduced myself as a novice laser hobbyist with electrical assembly skills. As such am planning on making some parts purchases from some of the famed members here. (you know who you are, ya lightsaber making badasses!)

I learned quite a bit in my last foray into this forum and cannot thank it's mods and contributors enough for all the info on lasers and especially laser safety. I had a 50mw green but it got stolen... However when I did use it indoors I always had my safety goggles on. And my eye doc and retinal pics can attest to the fact of that!

Well I'll be digging around seeing what's up and new in the forum, as far as technological advances and hopefully price drops for some of the good stuff, like glass modules and high quality diodes... Hosts I assume are approximately the same, although heat sinks may have dropped, at least as far as if a particular one became more popular and therefore less expensive to produce.

A good driver, I am still debating whether to build myself, or just buy... I know that with the schematic diagrams I 'can' build one, but others have much more experience and likely I would reap the benefits.

So, off I go to catch upon things and, "it's good to be back".

jimdt7

Welcome back to LPF GreenForce! :beer:

Jim

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk