Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

B> YAG/KTP Mounts

Aloha.

I'm looking for someone to build some custom Ø1.0" mounts to hold some various sized YAG and KTP crystals. Most of the crystals are around 2-3.5mm LxW, height is irrelevant.

I'm looking for copper, and I'd like the disks to be 7mm wide with a wedge that will allow me to drop the crystal in and seal it in place. See attached (example is rough, but I've never been an artist).

I'd like to mount these in this 5-Axis kinematic mount:
https://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_id=8013

PS -- For the sake of this request, let's all pretend the crystal is completely centered, that's imperative, I just can't draw.

Mount.png

Last edited:

Does the beam goes through the center of your mount (with a hole in it)? If your pump beam goes parallel to the copper plane than you need to mount the crystal 90° to it. There is a preferred axis for this crystals.

Singlemode

I am aware of the requirement to mount it at either +45 or -45deg off axis. This kinematic mount will allow me to rotate the crystal housing as needed to achieve optimal positioning. I simply need a housing for the crystal.

Good luck to you, Bloompyle. That $241.00 mount from Thorlabs looks pretty nice. Are you going to attach the heat sink to a TEC to correct for temperature?

Last edited:
I do plan to temperature control everything for maximum efficiency once I have a decent setup. For now, it's just about getting my feet wet again. It's been a while since I was last doing this thing. I still have my TEC driver, so once I get ballsy enough to try a more hardened setup, I'll break out the more Gucci equipment.

I've used these...though I dont remember where i got mine. think i pulled it from a laser. though as a note...I'd do the push in holder on a flat side of the crystal...not the corner like in your 'drawing' lol. It's far easier to deal with. and Indium foil shouldnt be needed unless you're dealing with very high powers for a long time. it'd be more imperative that you have cooling in place in general. You're not pumping a Ti:Sapph here. you just need something that can slowly and effectively tun the temp of the doubler. and make sure you have crystals that are the right cut for what you're trying to do. e.g. don't use a 473nm designed LBO to do 532. It may work, but it'll be awkward and efficiency will be....poor.