Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awsome G-2 type lenses at exceptional prices!

I'd be in for the group buy if it happens. Even though I just bought from the o-like GB, I can always use good lenses.

Yeah, I'm working on that as we speak. I hope everybody read the post about the buyer who saw my post about the $5.00 price and wanted to send his 1000 lenses back to Techhood because he had just paid $5000.00 for them. So, the price will officially be somewhat more than $5.00. I was asked to do this because of the buyer who wanted to return 1000 lenses because we were going to get the same deal he got for fewer lenses. Not to worry, though, the price will not be more than ( let's just say $6.00 for now ) a little bit higher and the price will go down if we get enough people interested. Sorry, but this may take a few days. I wonder if that buyer is a forum member?

Wmacky

Thumbs down to the "Buyer in Europe". Thanks for nothing.

Last edited:
I have already submitted the thread for the group buy. The starting price will be $5.75 per lens assembly. This will go down if we are able to get enough people interested in this endeavor. so, be looking out for the thread should it be accepted. ;) Paul

At best you will find about a 18-19% increase over the 3 element lenses. But, they never were made for this purpose. The Techhood lenses are only about 13mW higher than the O-Like lenses in the 660nm wavelength around 300mW. So, I guess they aren't a miracle lens for all purposes. But, for 405nm, 445nm, and 520nm wavelength they are a good 30% higher in power than the three element glass lenses.

So not quite as good as a genuine G-2. Are they a true aspheric, or are there aberration lines
apparent around the dot? Still $5-6 is a really good price! :eek:

Yeah. They are true aspheric lenses, and no, I didn't notice any aberrations around the dot. It is just a clean round dot. I believe it could very well be the AR coating that causes the difference at the higher wavelengths. I tested it with an LPC826 660nm laser diode.

ped

Moved to this section as it's turned into a discussion rather than a true sales thread.

I received my lenses. The beam is really nice but the dot is horrible. Anyone else receive theirs? Any tips on why the dot is so bad?

I'm not sure on how to post pictures on here or I could show you the difference between the G2 I got from survival laser and this lens and a 3 element. To be more descriptive its cloudy around the dot instead of just a dot.

malick67, I didn't have any issues with the 445nm laser dot, but just got my 405nm laser finished and I have seen what you are talking about in the higher power 405nm lasers. I don't know why that is either. My 445nm lasers are all just fine with this lens, but the dot is more than just a dot in my 700mW laser violet one. But, this was only noticeable at distances of 30to 40 feet. At short distances the 405nm was okay.

Last edited:
Yea its fine in my 445nm too, the 520nm I just took outside (its very very dark and foggy, I'm in the middle of a national park) and it looks like I have an extra beam. Im very happy with them tho, the beam is quite nice.

Just one thing someone might want to test. My 3w 445nm got hot really quick, I was just using my fingers to test it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure on how to post pictures on here or I could show you the difference between the G2 I got from survival laser and this lens and a 3 element. To be more descriptive its butty around the dot instead of just a dot.

Go Advanced --> Manage Atachments button

I am happy to hear that there are no major problems with the lenses, and from what has been PMed to me most everybody is still in for the group buy. I'm not sure if I will want to do another one of these anytime soon. I was warned that this was going to have problems I couldn't foresee, and man was he right. But, I'm in to this one for the long haul. Any more problems, just let me know and I will do what I can to see what can be done. :) Paul

Hey guys,

Have any of you had any more experience with the divergence of the beam on a 405nm or 445nm laser? I'm doing an m140 build along with a phr-805T and I'm wondering for which/if for any I should use these lenses if I want a balance between beam and power.

Thanks,
Nelly :D