Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Away with the fairies.....*finished*

On the nature reserve where I work the girlies on the staff run birthday parties with a fairy theme, they said the only thing missing was a real fairy......

I have built them the next best thing, an animatronic fairy! Tomorrow I will be mounting this in a fork of a big old oak tree, the mechanics of it will be hidden by the tree and when you press the remote control she flies into view.....Press the button again and she disappears.

Back to laser building next week with a bit of luck ;)

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• RMOV0042_NEW.wmv
    1.5 MB · Views: 40

Ace82

Re: Away with the fairies.....

My girlfriend is attracted to geeks. Thank god she isn't a member of this forum. ;D I've been out geeked!

I am building another body for it for halloween.....sort of vampire moth idea.(the wings are dayglo, the strobes are UV, it looks amazing in the dark)...I won't be telling the girlies about it, it will be a nice surprise for them on the night :)

Regards rog8811

Ace82 said:
My girlfriend is attracted to geeks. Thank god she isn't a member of this forum. ;D I've been out geeked!

ROFL ehehehe

get into trading cards that should win her right back ;D

Nice job rog [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I love the projects you come up with, just finished a rog style spyro, now I am waiting for my next Dx order so I can make myself a rog yellow laser, ehehe, I am like a tech stalker :O I don't plan on making a robo fairy though lol, you can have that project all to yourself.

brtaman

I don't plan on making a robo fairy though lol, you can have that project all to yourself.

I think it will forever be a one of a kind.... I don't think I will bother with a tutorial for it :)

Regards rog8811

lol i want kindly ask for some pics of it when it's placed in the party

I was given a Nikon coolpix today and decided to use it to film "Nuff" the fairy in her new home.

There is something wrong with the Nikon as the noise you can hear in the movie is coming from the camera, not from fairy nuff. :-/

I think it is the 3rd time she appears that you see, more or less, what the eye sees.

Regards rog8811
[edit] I have tracked down the noise, it is the focus continually hunting....I may retake this with my own camera tomorrow[/edit]

Attachments

• DSCN3565_NEW.wmv
    8.7 MB · Views: 36