Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Australians BEWARE!!!

Razako

One more reason why this is ridiculous. What do they expect people to do with the extremely expensive lasers that they already own? No sane person is going to just hand over their x-series/rpl/fusion/other pricey laser unless they get some form of compensation. As a result you end up turning thousands of completely innocent people into criminals for disobeying a retarded ban. It sounds like this ban would include relatively harmless class IIIa lasers like this--> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9768. If that is the case it becomes one of the most laughable laws ever. Anyone with 5mw red keychain laser is a lunatic ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) They will probably ban something like HID flashlights next because of some idiot standing on a highway overpass and blinding the people driving underneath it.
I'm glad I live in the USA at times like this.

JLSE

I live in Canada, and the laws are so lax here, for the same offence of targeting aircraft, here you get a misdemeanor offence. But more and more incidents are being reported. Its a matter of time before the ban reaches here :mad:

Things

man, them people living in places that even allow GUNSmust be having fun, i dont think there is any kind of ban on lasers there.....

JLSE

If more than one country experiances enough problems, I believe a pattern will begin on how its dealt with. :(

Razako

wannaburn said:
If more than one country experiances enough problems, I believe a pattern will begin on how its dealt with. :(
There isn't any guarantee that they will all deal with it in such a ridiculous way however. A far better way would be to simply require a registration like they do to buy a gun. In order to get a 'laser permit' you would need to pass a test on safety and be 18 or older. Right now the problem is that anyone with paypal can get a powerful green laser for $25 shipped. Also the AU ban on IIIa lasers is ridiculous. People aren't going to be blinding airplanes from miles away with a 5mw core or dollar store red laser.