Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aurora SH-032 stainless steel host review

I found this host on DX, it's the Aurora SH-032
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32563

I'm always browsing DX for possible hosts, that catch my eye. This one sure did, I like nice shinny things:)

It seems well built, has a nice heft to it. It has smooth threading and double o-rings. It also includes a GITD rear clicky. It runs of a 18650 cell, so this host will have room for either a red, violet or green build. For red and green you can use a 18650. For a green you will have to use a cr123 or cr2 cell.

I sent the host out to flaminpyro, and had him build a custom heatsink for a green. I got back a massive full body heatsink, fits like a glove:)

I'm currently using a O-Like 200mW module I say 170mW and a rcr123 cell.
I know I probably should be using a 1n4006 diode to drop the voltage.
But I think your pretty safe with the o-like 150 and 200mW modules. They are rated for 3.7v

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I liked this hosts so much, that I will be ordering 2 more for a red and 405nm build. I think it will make a nice matching set of 3

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,265
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,234
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,209

That is a ridiculous heat sink! I really like that host too. It reminds me of one of jayrobs build kits.

This is a kit build if you like ;) They are very nice hosts I think I will be making myself a couple of these like 3 RGV :)
I my even buy some extra hosts.
I love the 18650 cell they have plenty of power for our laser uses !

That is a ridiculous heat sink! I really like that host too. It reminds me of one of jayrobs build kits.

The host looks pretty nice. I like the heat sink. It saperate the bettery space with the laser module. I like the design, but i don't like the aurora symbol.

I think you could maby polish the aurora symbol away with a good wheel and the right rouge.

The host looks pretty nice. I like the heat sink. It saperate the bettery space with the laser module. I like the design, but i don't like the aurora symbol.

I love mine too... it's possibly my favorite of them all... actually It is my favorite.. 21$ for the host though unless we start a group buy.. I need 5.. if anyone else wants any PM me too.. we can get them as cheap as 17$ I think and there well worth the money.

FP Jeff look at the benboost thread and chime in or send me a PM.. were talkin about your test load...

gee, me want, me want so badly! hehe, :)
Beautiful host, PL520, single CR123A. how much did altogether cost for the custom build?

A 520 in a single cr123A form factor is just too much for me to overlook. especially after seeing this.

Last edited:

Wmacky

gee, me want, me want so badly! hehe, :)
Beautiful host, PL520, single CR123A. how much did altogether cost for the custom build?

A 520 in a single cr123A form factor is just too much for me to overlook. especially after seeing this.

I want one of those too! Same green Diode and everything. How can I make that happen!

Last edited: