Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Astronomy/telescope

Hi every one. I got in to lasers from astronomy and I always use them when I give a lecture. I am curious to see some of your guys telescopes or astrography pics. I will star by showing 1 of my telescope this is my smallest telescope in my collection. It is an Orion 4 inch telescope. Also feel free to post you favorite object you like to observe even if you don't have a picture.

If you live in Los Angeles and are interested in astronomy become a member here. Los Angeles Astronomical Society the membership is cheap and they offer tuns of fun stuff. they have star parties, lectures and more.:yh:

Attachments

• Orion-4inch.jpg
    Orion-4inch.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 369
  • Moon-threw-orion4inch.jpg
    Moon-threw-orion4inch.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:

Cool! I know there are a few other members here that have some scopes.

My girlfriend recently got a Celestron CPC 800 (8" Catadioptric).
If I had the money right now I'd get an awesome Apochromatic refractor for my camera... I'd love to get into astrophotography and I hear the APOs are the shiz. Something like the 100mm Celestron SkyWatcher and a computerized EQ mount sounds nice.

I have taken only one astrophoto through the eyepiece of the aforementioned CPC. I will have to get a mount for my camera and get some better pictures. Here is the other half of the moon. ;)

IMG_4003 by dkpierce077, on Flickr

Located in Riverside County, BTW.

Last edited:

Attachments

• saturn threw my 8 inch.jpg
    saturn threw my 8 inch.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 3,050
Last edited:
That's not a bad photo.
The sky hasn't been very clear and as always has some pretty bad light pollution but we have been able to see Saturn ok. Lately we have been able to get some pretty good views of Jupiter and the Galilean moons around 2-3am.

I love looking at Jupiter's moons but I don't have any pics yet i will try to get some later. My favorite object to observe is the ring nebula.
This is a pic of the ring nebula threw someone I know's 14 inch telescope.

Attachments

• 14inch-ring-nebula.jpg
    14inch-ring-nebula.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 4,708
Last edited:

jayrob

I love looking at Jupiter's moons but I don't have any pics yet i will try to get some later. My favorite object to observe is the ring nebula.
This is a pic of the ring nebula threw someone I know's 14 inch telescope.

That's a nice picture he captured there! :cool:

I used to do some astrophotography back in the old school days using film...

My best shot was of comet Hale-Bopp with a Schmidt camera. It is still in Nasa's Hale-Bopp archive... :)
Robertson Image of Comet Hale-Bopp

LaZeRz

o_O

I better show that picture to my science teacher... Then tell him that someone on LPF took it :D

WOW Jayrob that is an amazing picture. This is a star party that I brought one of my telescopes to. This one happens to be an 8 inch. the people in the picture are not my friends or me or people I know they were just observing the moon threw my telescope.

Attachments

• MY-8inch.jpg
    MY-8inch.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 440

jayrob

I like the perspective of that picture! :cool:

It kind of gives the 'feel' of the curvature of the Earth... (good astronomy pic!)

I have an 8" C8 myself... :beer:

Awesome!
When I go to Joshua tree I'll try to get some photos (probably only of bright objects since I don't have a camera mount).

Is there anything in particular you recommend looking for that is in the sky this week?

This is not my telescope I don't really know who's this is. some guy brought to the star party It is 26 inch long in aperture! Looks a lot bigger in person.

Attachments

• 26-inch-telescope.jpg
    26-inch-telescope.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,684
  • 26-inch-telescope2.jpg
    26-inch-telescope2.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 350
The telescope is a donsonian so it is not good for astrography but when it got dark they pointed it towards saturn and It was bigger than I can make a fist and It was so clear you could see perfect detail in saturn's moons.:)